Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Guilt pangs

A man's gripe about non-fattening foods triggered a similar recollection in my head. Just a few days prior to my fantabulous Middle Eastern experience, I actually caught a movie with Big Bicep Barry. Unsurprisingly for a big burly guy, he's a huge diving fan, it seems, and he relishes every chance to get Into the Blue. I'd love to get into Paul Walker myself but that's something else entirely.

Paul WalkerThe movie was... okay. The plot was a little flimsy, there was no one to actually root for but the simple fact that Paul Walker's studly beach bum character didn't have sufficient funds to clothe himself made up for the whole shebang. Seriously. Some men should remain shirtless all the time. Paul Walker made that list.

After the early movie, we ( Barry and me - not Paul and me though that would have been great too )made a quick getaway for a bite. After being exposed to all that zero-fat, gym-toned muscle goodness on screen, Barry guiltily ordered a mini salad - usually reserved for scrawny singletons the size of Ally McBeal - while I stockpiled for winter with a plate of hearty noodles, some fried wantan ( dripping in oil ) and a tray of delicious pastry liberally covered in cholesterol/mayonnaise. So while the strapping, muscular six-footer daintily munched through a few leaves, I relentlessly ravaged my way through the entire forest - no doubt swallowing up a few hapless animals on the way.

Barry was stunned and I felt like a ravenous beast.

Still, I did learn one thing about myself... that I simply can't sacrifice good food for a tight-six pack. Some things are just far too irresistible. Gotta say that only Chris Evans in a skimpy white towel would be sufficient impetus to make me give up all that :) So Chris, if you're reading this... do a good deed, get out of your clothes and help me lose some weight please.

15 comments:

Kenji said...

I would second your apperite! Although I should really watch it... at my age, i fi don't do something soon, I'm gonna end up single for the rest of me life! >.<

Anonymous said...

What gets me are the people who gobble their way through second and third helpings, yet don't put on an OUNCE! How is this fair?!! Makes me want to wrap my hands round their scrawny necks.

Anonymous said...

What gets me are the people who gobble their way through second and third helpings, yet don't put on an OUNCE! How is this fair?!! Makes me want to wrap my hands round their scrawny necks.

Anonymous said...

whoops...i was that mad

Anonymous said...

Ooh.. Big Bicep Barry chewing on salad. How gay is that? Haha

And Chris.. at your age?! You wait another decade la...

canardbidon said...

loose t-shirts, loose t-shirts... no need to torture yourself with salad then...

i loveeee food too... it's the reason i bother going to the gym

Petie said...

Again I would like to emphasize that thse Movie stars will have their own personal trainers to whip themselves into shape for the movie roles.

So not many people outside of their inner circle knew what they really look like between movies.

Even the slick playboy George Clooney put on 35 pounds for his latest release "Syriana"

Anonymous said...

Looks like big bicep barry is becoming a regular character in your cast :) Is this a good sign?

savante said...

chris... at your age? :) You are a child! Really far to go before you have to think of being single for the rest of your life. I, on the other hand, am on the precipice and getting desperate.

james, your frustration shows. :) And I agree. Thx, maida!

weeshiong, yeah, the salad bit looked a lil hilarious. And I'll tell you another thing... he takes mineral water - not soda. Calories and all that shit. And here I am chugging away on cola.

canard, wish some mad scientist would make delicious food that makes you lose weight.

pete, thanks for that image :)

brian, dave.. well, yeah, he has become a regular cast member since he joined my exclusive movie posse.

Paul

Anonymous said...

well, to be honest, i dont think paul is all dat hot... paul ;-) o, by de way, i totally identify with ure hunger pangs... the other day, i walked into a place and heaped my plate full of non veg salads and ordered a huge choco eclair to boot. i'm in hell right now. hehehe.

SINGLEMOM said...

MAYBE IT JUST ME, BUT THE ONLY INTERESTING BLOGS SEEM TO BE THE ONES WRITTEN BY GAY MEN...
HMMM... MINE MUST BE BORING AS HELL!
AND WHY DOES IT SEEM EASY FOR MEN TO FIND MEN AND I CANT FIND ONE FOR MYSELF!?

Michael said...

It's not just you SINGLEMOM. It's the same reason the gays are invited to cocktail parties.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Paul....I'm a Paul Walker fan, too. I just LOVED him in the Fast and the Furious....I'd take him over Vin Diesel anyday!

savante said...

closetalk, yeah, I'm not that hot :) Still think Paul Walker is sizzling though. Brian and Ethan think so too.

singlemom, well, it isn't that easy to find men too. If it was, I certainly wouldn't be single!

michael, invite me to a cocktail party!

Paul

Anonymous said...

The duck (canard) is right ... baggy T-shirts can hide a multitude of sins ... including Chris Evan's head while he kisses your navel (but he has to hand you that white towel first). ;o)

I prefer your dinner menu to Barry's. :oP