Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Candles

On fire!Two birthday cakes in as many days :) Single and desperate I might be but thankfully I do have my own group of friends willing to share - and have their slice of the cakes. It was terrible seeing the number of candles onboard though - surely enough firepower to keep Tenaga ( our national electric power provider ) up and running for months. What can I say? My friends thought it would be a hoot to have a ton of candles - and therefore, practically a bonfire - on the big-ass cake. It came as a crushing surprise that I've actually been in the department longer than all the rest of them though fortunately I am still not the oldest.

In comparison, the cake I had yesterday night was slightly larger than a postage stamp ( calling it a big cupcake would hurt its lil feelings after all ) and had just enough space for three stubby lil candles. Came from a lil cake shop that I found just around the corner from one of my favourite restaurants. Big Bicep Barry was a lil more worried about the cake frosting - and what it would do to his cut abs obviously. Still I managed to talk him into swallowing the cream. :) What can I say, I can be terribly persuasive.

Still have the weekend though and another cake to go. There goes my diet - not that I ever had one. :)

Till then check out what happens to Chris Evans after tasting some of my cream.

14 comments:

Logan said...

Isn't there a rule about completely foregoing diets on birthdays? 'Cos Lord knows that when I notch my age up another year in December, I plan on gaining eight pounds for the holidays just so I'll have something under my belt (or on my tummy or my nonexistent hips) when people start worrying about New Year's resolutions.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a three-cake birthday this year too :) The good thing about it is you get to make three wishes (or one wish three times). It's like, The Power Of Three, thingy ya know.

Oh and about Big Bicep Barry eating cream off your cake... that sounds positively delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yay, and I am sure the little cake with three candles looked very cute :-) Did you make any wish when you blew them?

better yet, Big Bicep Barry and cream.... hmmm.. :-)

Michael said...

OK, Paul, at first it was cute when you bemoaned twenty-nine, but enough! ;-) I'd sell my last remaining grandparent to be 29 again. She's always cranky anyway. Still a surprisingly hard worker though, if anyone is interested in bidding.

Lee said...

Calories do not count upon birthdays. It's a well-known fact. And even that tenacious Dr Atkins cannot remember where you live on your birthday.

Michael said...

Plus, he's dead now. Dr. Atkins, I mean.

Anonymous said...

Guess it must be near enough the day now, so ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL! Scarf some cake for me. :o)

Good news to hear about BBB swallowing the cream. ;oP

... but is it a kinda Freudian slip that the link from Barry's name actually goes to the post about your ISO?!?

Anonymous said...

paul,like others say, calories don't count on birthday. plus after this you have reason to ask BBB to the gym (and see more of his cut abs)

and you should get BBB to swallow more than the cream ;-)

happy birthday paul.

'drew said...

Happy Birthday Paul, perhaps your powers of persuasion will get BBB to do "other things"...something that leaves to you only in your birthday suit ;)

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Happy Birthday Paul!

You are not that old! I promise to stop calling you the 'U' word.

I'm sure the power of your cream has increased a notch or two yeah? :P

CTG said...

Hi Paul,

Happy Birthday. Many happy returns.

Love the pic of Chris Evans - yummy!

Later, CTG

Anonymous said...

so Big Ab Barry tasted the cream, eh?

savante said...

logan, I totally agree on the forgoing diets but Barry didn't think the same.

weeshiong, BBB eating cream was delicious revenge for torturing me at the gym :)

shigeki, I always make wishes when I can! I need all the wishes I can get. Surely one of them will come true.

Bidding for a grandma, Michael? Have two over here :) But anyway, I shall stop moaning about my age soon.

Dr Atkins! God, don't we hate him, lee? Is he dead?

ru, is it true? The freudian slip? :O

A hot young man. The perfect gift, Maida. Go take a look too, CTG.

Thanks, asmadi. And we'll see how it goes, Drew.

Actually kinda getting used to the uncle moniker, holden :)

We all love the cream, Brian :)

Paul

CTG said...

Hey Paul, I had a look - YUMMY.
Take care. CTG :)