Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Good Apples

Perhaps I have actually found a small niche in my department. No matter how much I might deploe the horrible state of affairs in my working place, I cannot lay any blame on my colleagues. Despite a few bad apples ( rotten to the core, I'm sure ) I've culled more than a few good apples in the barrel too.

All of us have our share of complaints in whatever career we're working in but it helps to have friends along the way. A close-knit group of friends in the department - Tiny Tim & Tina, Shameless Shalom, Handsome Hui .. and we help each other shoulder the burdens as we trudge along this horrible path we've chosen ( sometimes forced on us though ). But every once in a while, we just need to veer off the path, take a rest and just mouth off on the crappy workload they're giving us. And it always helps to have some good food to keep the mouth running.

Today.. it's Japanese steamboat :) And some beer to loosen the tongue. Still a bit tipsy right now but I assume I've managed to write somewhat coherently. There was a point in the conversation when we were discussing relationships that I almost inadvertently came out to them. Was kinda bored pretending that I wasn't interested in relationships and was content being single... when all of know that hell, it's really the opposite :) Still I retracted the comment over some questionably cooked lamb chops. Was it the right time?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if any time's ever a right time. But don't mind me - I'm still reeling over the retraction 'over some questionably cooked lamb chops' bit

:)

Anonymous said...

It sounded like an opportune time. But if you clawed back the comment over the butterfly lamb chops, you probably didn't feel it was the right time yet.

Then again, the seeds have been sown in their minds. So when you next get around to broaching the subject, they'll probably just say, hell yeah, we knew that already! :o)

So is Yummy Yee no longer around, or just not part of the intimate circle?

Jay said...

I also get fed up of telling people I'm single. But what to do - it's that, or weave an even more tangled web.

Anonymous said...

Is there a right time to come out? I doubt there is ever a right time

Sometimes I wish I did not... Coming out to my folks was the greatest mistake that I made. Previously, I thought, I could have two people who would understand what I am going through. Maybe, I was too idealistic!

Now, everything that I do is being constantly watched by my folks! And every decision that I have to make, I have to consider their feelings, isn't that difficult!

Thank GOd, I have my blog to rant my thoughts, or not I think I would go MAD!

savante said...

Well, wee shiong, it was questionable. I like my food a little raw, you see.

I think you're right, ru. Next time I broach the topic, they'd probably nod and agre. Yee is a few years younger than the rest of us :) And he has moved on to another department posting... will see him this Thursday though.

I agree! Jay.

And anonymous.. where is your cool blog!

Paul