Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Coming out again

What is it with straight-forward honesty?

Lately I seem to have developed a problem with asking THE question. No, not the marriage question that straight couples seem to dread - and hope for - depending on who you're asking. Perhaps it's the way I phrase it or the way I violently shove younger men into darkened alcoves when I pop the question but these days, all I seem to get are gay vague answers.

Is he done with the questions?All I got out of Big Bicep Barry the other day was a bashful smile, a nod/shake/twitch of the head and a cryptic comment on having commitment issues that left me a little discontented. Was that a yes ( oh, come to me hot papa! :) )... or a no... or a maybe?

And then when I pressed Handsome Hui on the same topic again today, he gave the same unequivocal response. Kinda like an interrogating Gestapo officer, I cornered him at work in the morning and grilled him over the clinic desk with my trusty torchlight shining into his unblinking pupils. Obviously well prepared with his defence this time, the boy didn't goggle like a dying trout this time but managed an easy laugh and made a cheap quip about wanting to sleep with everyone. Since a patient was coming into the clinic, I restrained the urge to bash him over the head with the tendon hammer.

Am I terribly violent in wishing that I could shake ( throttle? ) the answer out of them? Hold them down and slap them around till the answer pops out of their ears? There are decidedly more unsavoury methods that I could resort to ( think whips and chains ) but extolling those points would make this post decidedly NC-17. :) Sure you're gonna be wondering why the hell it should matter whether they are a member of the pink posse - and I'm actually wondering myself. Maybe I like peppering cute guys with loaded questions that leave them agog with their mouths hanging open. Maybe I am actually actively recruiting members for the Gay Luck Club. Till I can find a better, more logical reason for it, I'm gonna blame it on boundless curiosity.

Seriously. Can't they just answer the question?

14 comments:

Mark said...

That's total crap that they can't answer the question.

How old are these guys anyway??? It sounds like High School.

That they haven't said they're straight or been highly offended gives you all the answer you need. Feel lucky Paul, that you are so comfortable with your own sexuality that you can answer the same question in a more straight forward manner.

canardbidon said...

ask me! ask me!

but it's a big anti-climax once u find out for sure la... the guessing is for the most part the greatest fun

MrBunnyBan said...

What Darien said: they can't be all straight. :p Seriously, I think they're just not ready to divulge their secrets to you yet.

Hey, tread a little more carefully Paul. If you're closeted yourself and want to remain that way that is.

Anonymous said...

Non-verbal communication is more effective than verbal communication in many occasions. Let's undo our pants and ask them a question with our moves, shall we?

Kenji said...

Lol what question is it? O.o
I'm all confused now... especially the reply you wrote given by Handsome Hui! X_x

Anonymous said...

I cornered him at work in the morning and grilled him over the clinic desk with my trusty torchlight...

For a moment there, I read it as "drilled" instead of "grilled".

Anonymous said...

gay luck club....very funny and yes, I've read Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club. Does this mean you're going to start a gay mahjongg club?

Kidding.

Just smack them on the head and say, "Wrong answer. Try again!"

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, I wouldn't answer that as a direct question, so I wouldn't expect them to. Evasion is my middle name, heh.

Shigeki's suggestion is tempting ... but actually, I think you'd just be best to talk to them and treat them naturally as if you know they're gay already (which they probably are) and you aren't going to make a confrontation out of it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Anything but a firm NO is a yes. We all know that. Next time just cut to "Will you sleep with me?"

And you're not terribly violent, Paul. Just fetishist.

Mr RM said...

Handsome Hui did not say whether he wants to sleep with guys or girls... Paul, you still have a chance.... hee hee

BTW, the recent Durex survey foundt that 10% of Malaysians have men-on-men sex, hee hee

savante said...

How old are the guys, darien? BBB is slightly older while Hui is slightly younger. Certainly not high school boys, that's for sure. I don't date underaged kids no matter how hot they are.

Guessing is the fun part, canard, but not for too long. I need confirmation, dammit.

well, bunnyban.. I kinda came out to both BBB and Hui.

Good plan, shigeki. Join the confused group, Chris!

James, drilled sounds so much more fun - and i wish it was true.

uhh.. brian, I actually tried the slapping them on the head thing. Didn't work BTW but it pissed off a few guys :)

Treating them as naturally as I can, ru. Any cooler and I'd be as laidback as surfer dude on weed.

weeshiong, I might be straightforward... I'm not insane :)

Kit, where are the damned 10%?

paul

Petie said...

I wondered how many of that 10% has your ISO been through already :PP

Anonymous said...

Mr. A: I watched the film Kinsey:Sex that he said 1/3 of men are not sure they are straight or gay, so take your guess :-P

savante said...

Well, pete, he regales me with some of the less sordid stories but I never asked for a number. But he is still negative since I've nagged him to take his blood.

anonymous... 1/3?? Why aren't they getting answer to their questions at my door?

paul