Sunday, November 20, 2005

Music

Yesterday was my day of rest. It's the day I hang out at the mall and imitate a teenager lepaking as much as I can - slouch, look bored out of my skull and stare at cute teenage boys roaming in protective packs ( not that it can protect them from my penetrating gaze ). It's fun. Even saw a fledgling underaged stud with baseball cap turned backwards and his leopard print boxers sticking out of his low-rise pants. Felt like snapping the boxers but I restrained myself. Not cool, kid. You're trying too hard. Now, don't even get me started on this weird trend of straight boys getting all covered up in XXX-sized loose asexual attire. What's up with that?

Of course I don't spend all my time drooling over seemingly straight boys. In between ogling sexy specimens of youthful manhood, I try to fit in some sushi, some caffe mocha, some movies and some shopping.

Grrr.. Bite me!

Caught Harry Potter at the cinema obviously - since it just opened recently. Although the Goblet of Fire certainly wasn't my favourite book or movie, it is still worth a shot ( and all of us who read the book will watch it after all! Brilliant marketing, JK Rowling! ). Amazingly the accomplished director managed to compress the encyclopaedic novel into something less than three hours.

Not sure what the screaming kids at the cinema would say but the highlight of the movie for me was the hot Bulgarian. What can I say, as Wingedman Will has said in his review so succinctly, sinfully scrumptious Viktor Krum ( played by the suitably husky, athletic Stanislav Ianevski ) can come over to my place with his wicked wand anytime. And that sexy growling accent of his ( although he didn't speak much since the man is a physical kinda guy... ) would sound so delicious the morning after...

Sexy European men aside, I even got my hands on several CDs since I spent the larger part of the day hanging out at the music store just testing out some new compilations. Finally gave in and bought Pussycat Dolls ( a choice that left BBB and my friends inexplicably stunned ), Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams and Madeleine Peyroux. A lil bit of hip hop, a lil bit of slow rock, a lil bit of jazz.

Though I did play the album, I have to admit that I didn't get Madonna's Confession on a Dance Floor. You're all gonna say it's homosexual sacrilege but I simply can't listen to dance music all day long. Sure I love Hung Up but having it played all day long in my car would drive me insane. I know. My pink passport is so gonna get revoked.

.....


On a totally unrelated note ( well related to my last post ), I slept last night in only my pyjama pants ( without the matching shirt ). Under my duvet, I was freaking cold but I assumed I looked cool in my sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sacrilegeous! BTW, you don't buy Confessions just because of Hung Up, you buy it because there're songs in there that are even better!

On a totally unrelated note (well related to your last post)... not good enough! You are so asking for it :P

MrBunnyBan said...

((editted))
Hmmm, don't actually like Madonna much myself. Only that people keep trying to write their good songs for her (Power of Goodbye and Speed of Light, and that's *all* that I like) BTW, met up with a couple bloggers including Kitja - who pointed out your 'dashing Daniel' post which I hunted down. =)

People, this guy is unbelievably hard to meet up with! Don't believe him when he says he's trying to build a Gay Luck Club! ;-)

savante said...

weeshiong, I heard the other songs too. And hey, it might not be good enough - so what are you gonna do about it :) Dare ya.

Daniel... I know I know! I'm impossibly hard to pin down but hey, you caught me at the last minute and I was oncall!

Paul

Anonymous said...

For starters I'll send you a note. Then you're gonna tell me your address