Monday, September 12, 2005

Workout high

I am actually high right now.

Come after mePretty sure I am going to ache in places I never knew existed tomorrow morning but right now I'm still having the post workout buzz ( or most probably giddy euphoria brought on by the hypoxia and the hypoglycaemia ). You guessed right. Despit my multitude of excuses, Big Bicep Barry finally managed to shanghai me to the gym. Started out with the bicycle stuff since one of the things I don't mind doing is actually cycling for the fun of it. Of course with the rate of road accidents climbing ( and hapless pedestrians bearing the brunt of it ) I don't intend to get a bicycle of my own, so a stationary one will do. For a guy who spends his time chasing after the latest bestseller, it shouldn't have come as a surprise that I wasn't exactly the fittest specimen over there. Stubborn guy that I am, I tried for a half hour ride uphill and almost passed out near the end. It took visions of Brad Pitt running uphill in a skimpy yellow thong to help me finish the last few laps.

Then Big Bicep Barry urged me on to the weight machines ( or horrifying metal monsters as I call them ) and I tried out a few - although a little less daringly since I almost knocked myself out on the bicycles. Another humiliating experience since I only managed lifting molehills ( what a fucking wimp! ) when Barry over there is literally moving mountains.

Still I was pretty amazed by the sheer volume of people obsessed with the body beautiful ideal. Undaunted by the late hours ( when otherwise sane people would be at home sipping tea and catching the news ) these muscle boys are busy huffing and puffing away while pumping iron - and with such a serious, intense expression too. Hell, even at work ( with patients collapsing left and right ) I pretty much have an inane grin on my face - and today, I certainly couldn't keep up that intensity while benchpressing ants.

Damn. All this for the sake of a six-pack. I can be so fucking shallow sometimes :)

11 comments:

Will said...

Welcome to Kelab Muscle Mary.

It is fun when you have sufficient motivation. You have to do it for yourself and to have a goal in mind.

Anonymous said...

and you are turning into one of those muscled boys eventually. :-)

You know what's more amazing after the workout? Sex. dude. Sex. :-) Happy workout!

Anonymous said...

I'm too lazy to do such. Tell me the stories, so I can imagine and be there at the gym with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm really pleased you found the courage to go to the gym with Barry ... yay, go Paul! :o)

Do you think maybe BBB was partly responsible for your workout high? And did you go on somewhere together afterwards?

Legolas said...

So, how do you feel today, Paul? Aching? Can't stretch out your limbs?

Nah.... You'll be alright. And probably you'll be working out again today. ;-)

Mr RM said...

I am so happy for you..... Being a Gym Bunny is a passport to body beautiful..... welcome welcome welcome......

So, are we going to see a new Paul.... Hey, we are demaning some before and after pixs.......

AJ said...

sigh I know that feeling all too well...But is it all worth it? *pat* *pat* *pat*

Hmmm nice ass...Have you been working out?

Nuff Said

savante said...

Don't congratulate me yet. I seriously don't know where you guys find the time and the motivation. It's seriously intimidating...not only do I not know where to look since everywhere I turn, I see naked chests and swollen crotches...:) but everyone looks so built! Damn, I hate feeling like an amateur. Is that kiasu of me?

Well, ru, wanted to do more with Barry but I was way too tired. My arms were aching and I didn't want to risk passing out again :)

klmuscle, I love that theory of yours. No wonder they look so intense.

aj, I already have a pretty nice ass.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know, Paul ... having a moment's faintness and being caught by Barry's big strong arms could be just the kind of opening you need. Quite romantic, really. :o)

savante said...

Passing out on a guy would be a moment's weakness for me - and I'm way too proud ( God, my ego! ) to admit to such weakness :) Don't mind doing it in front of Barry - who does have some massive arms - if there was no audience around though.

Paul

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean with an audience. ;o)