Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Swashbucklers

You'd all know that I'm a huge movie fan - one of those rabid fans who hang around cinema halls just waiting for the next opening, and pouncing on the ticket stands the minute it opens. It's an obsession, I know, and one that started years ago in primary school when I first got my allowance. Nothing could do but to march straight up to the nearest cinema for an hour or two of pure celluloid fantasy. How I ever walked so many miles just for a dumb movie boggles my mind now :) Nowadays after being pampered with central air-condioning at work ( and deprived of the terrible burning sun! ), you'd have to torture me before I'd undergo any physical exertion that involves sweat and the sun.

But I still remember the days - and don't call me uncle when I reminisce about the past. :) The oldest cinema I'd been to - well, it was about to close at that time - but it had two floors to separate the classes ( how elitist, I know! ), the upper floors for the posh few who could afford more than a dollar or two - and the ground floor for the great unwashed/hoi polloi. There were twirling fans ( instead of the entral air-conditioning present now in the glittering cineplexes ) and kuaci/groundnuts littered the floors instead of popcorn.

Still some things never change - and I'd certainly walk that many miles for him. Can I say that I'm desperately waiting for a sexy, dark-haired swashbuckler to come my way? I loved Zorro years ago as a kid, sitting by the television transfixed by the the brash, athletic rebel who fought for freedom and justice - while trading cheesy quips with the bumbling bad guys/nitwits. For those unfamiliar with Zorro ( unbelievable though that might sound! ), he is a swashbuckling hero of California in the 19th century ( dressed all in chic black, etches a stylized "Z" in things with his sword, etc ). I count on Antonio Banderas' take on Zorro remains one of my favourites and he's scheduled to appear again on the Legend of Zorro soon.

Guess I'll have to queue up at the cinemas again. Time to grope another guy in the dark. Any volunteers?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, forget about freedom and justice. he is simply hot. period. :-) The way Antonio Banderas speaks is so intoxicating..... ahhhhhh. :-)

Anonymous said...

Antonio Banderas is HAWT !!! Pity seeing his wife trying to keep up with him, doin stuffs to her already beautiful face. Now, she look....em...too stretched ?!!! Hehe !

Legolas said...

I so remember how the old time cinema was like, everything you said plus a strange kind of smell....

Any chance I be the volunteer? ;-P

Anonymous said...

Always a volunteer ... for the cinema. :oD Especially if there's cute guys on screen, and a cute anaesthetist with roaming hands in the next seat. ;o)

Alas, the cost of the flight to get there would make it a very expensive cinema trip! :o\

Anonymous said...

hahaha... no one can beat me in this... i am definitely the one watching the movie with u man... but... can you cut the groping part? i am... i am... i am shy doing this on first date... hahaha...

Anonymous said...

chowhofun - who said anything about a date? Think of a grope in the cinema as just giving someone a 'helping hand' to enjoy the film. :oD

Anonymous said...

my bad... i mean my bad english... it should be a first meeting... but in my honest opinion... i don't think groping could help in enjoying movies such as Zorro... :P

by the way... it will only be showing in October... and not even sure that GSC Malacca will be showing or not... so... how about we watch Flightplan first? :p

savante said...

Ahmad, I know exactly what you mean.. her face looks painfully stretched. She should have learnt how to grow old gracefully. Look at the fabulous Diane keaton. Hell, I'd date her.

Flightplan looks interesting - but not enough hotties for me :) Still gonna wait for Zorro. Hey, so many guys at the movies.. we could all get the last row at the back and make out :)

Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul - everyone in the back row? Sure it sounds fun ... but aren't you beginning to sound a little like your ISO there? ;o)

Will said...

Antonio...well he's seen better days. And as for CZ-J...well, she's seen better wrinkles.

savante said...

Damn, my ISO has evidently rubbed off on me :) No mention of group orgies from now on!

Paul

hbjock said...

Oh man! I can't wait to see that movie! Then again, I can't wait to see the new Orlando Bloom movie... Mmmm Orlando Bloom, now there's a total HOTTIE!!