Thursday, August 09, 2007

Of Minge and Men

Something funny I find about patients is their shocking inclination ( for want of a better word ) to show us things we don't actually wish to see - and pray to God don't ever have to see again.

Patient A : Here doctor. This is the gross Coke bottle I accidentally shoved up my arse.

Patient B : Doctor, you must take a look at this. My hand got torn off during the accident but I kept the grisly dangling bits for you to see. Here's a tendon.

Patient C : I'm in pain, doc. Come see the black and blue hernia with undulating bowels protruding from my groin!

Patient D : I have some worms in my stools! Come take a look. See them wriggle!

Okay. I know I am supposed to empathize.

And I do. Seriously. But it's not show-and-tell time - honestly, you've showed it to me once before, you don't have to enthusiastically display it every day each time I walk by. All part and parcel of the job though ( patients come in all shapes, sizes and temperament after all ) and I accept it gladly.

Hunk
I have a little something for you to see...

Of course that didn't prepare me for someone flashing me her privates in the ward. Really, I kid you not. Thought I was in a kinky Malaysian edition of Punk'd.

I tell ya, I never quite expected it of this sweet-looking makcik in the ward. Waved me in to her room and started telling me all about her grandchildren. One moment I'm talking amiably to her about her scheduled operation the next morning and the next minute I get a proper uninvited close-up of her minge.

Makcik : What do you think? Guess I'll have to do the operation. It's already getting quite unwieldy down there.
Paul : Uhhh.. yes. Yes. It is.
Makcik : See. It's oozing a little and..
Paul : Hmmm. You know, I think I need to go... get a pen or something.

That was before I ran screaming hurried off to splash my face with water, praying hard that what had happened was a figment of my imagination. Unfortunately it wasn't. Not the first time I've seen it of course but I never expected such a disturbing ( and certainly unwelcome ) display that early in the morning. The horrifying image was stamped indelibly in my mind - honestly, I could have sworn the entire montage of my life flashed MTV-like through my astonished eyes in that moment.

Straight boys, don't get too excited with the naughty poontang talk. Uterine prolapse isn't all that pretty.

Fortunately I was saved by a particularly good-looking house officer who asked me whether I needed anything ( thank the Lord there are handsome doctors after all! ). Of course I actually needed to slam him on the wall, grope his tight ass and stick my tongue down his helpful throat to prove my unbridled homosexuality but I refrained from such unsolicited advances. Interns get easily spooked.

Told him it was alright and let him continue his work. Didn't stop me from stealing surreptitious glances at his pretty face though - have to admit it helped blur the image of my earlier muff-diving pursuits somewhat.

20 comments:

Jaded Jeremy said...

Haha I never actually thought of that from the doc's point of view. I believed most patients want to make sure their doctors got all the details, especially since they temselves don't know which are relevant.

Hmmm...judging from my medical history, perhaps I should settle down with a doc. Say, introduce that cute intern to me, ok? ;-)

Brian said...

say Paul, it's nice isn't it? to have all those interns under you :D i can only imagine..

Sue said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. You just cannot UNsee horrible things you have seen. I understand because I have been to morgues and slaughter houses and I have been a safety coordinator who did accident responses. It does help to see something pretty immediately afterwards. But somebody has to do it. I think firefighters have it the worst.

Janvier said...

So thankful nothing like that bit o' flashing could happen in retail. All we get are the faces :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, please update your link of my blog to my new site on blogger. Thanks.

It's http://clarkifications.blogspot.com now.

=)om/

A Lewis said...

What? You're complaining about this guy dropping his jeans and showing you his wriggling worms? Can I help with the exam? I promise to wear a (clean) white coat.

Medie007 said...

yo paul... i'm one year from clinicals and u're scaring me with those... erm... eewikh stuff... i was browsing the books at pekan buku this afternoon, and there's this picture books on all the eewikh stuff... which, somehow... just made me really want to uek. carcinoma of the penis... OMG...

btw, a junior got banged by 2 cars today, chinese... from kedah.

Unknown said...

well..i guess, sumtimes docs get to see sumthing nice too while examining sumthing else ...isnt it compensating... hehehe

rainbow angeles said...

omg! that's so..... obscene??

u know, u docs meet the strangest kind of ppl haha!

Ryan said...

It's a noble job. So look at those things with pride!

*VOMITTING*

Anonymous said...

Gawd, what I saw while working in the ER years ago when I was thinking of being a Doc and Pre-med. Or even helping out in my own physicians office and the calls we'd get from boys tweeking out!

UGH!

conan_cat said...

lol! you sure have real interesting patients who show you everything... i wonder if there'll be one day a handsome little muffin who had problems with his little foreskin and needed your checkup... XD and ewww the auntie really a bit the... = =""

Cyclohelix said...

triple confirmation that you are on the evil G(enius) side!

Jonzz said...

Just like during childhood, "Come, come, I show you something"...

Of course it's not so cute with adults.

ROFL. So funny yet so gross...

Jason said...

Ugh... that's funny yet gross. :)

Ganymede said...

Wakakakkaak. Patients are quite eager to flash you huh? :P

I wanna see cute doctors~~~

Anonymous said...

can i assume that O&G is not your favourite posting? everywhere is a post-menopausal bidan & the odour of liquor.

it wasn't mine.

Matt. K. said...

Gasps! OMG! Such horrifying image!

Las montaƱas said...

you called the psychiatric ward for that flasher? :P

savante said...

YOu sure you want someone that young, jeremy? :P

Hardly under me, brian :P

True but it fades after some time, sue. We work hard at it.

Even worse, janvier. Yuck!

Done that already, clark.

Only wish the guys were that cute, lewis.

Reconsidering your plan, ah bong? :P

But usually it's not that nice, soloact.

It was more shocking than strange, angel. I was astonished.

Yeah, almost did that as well, ryan.

INteresting times, tjay!

No handsome muffins so far, conan.

Definitely, helix.

It was pretty gross but I've shoved it to the back of my mind, jonzz :P

Wish I had pics, jason :P

Scandalous flashing, queer rant.

It's not, doc.

I know, matt!

Wished I could but I think she genuinely wanted me to take an inspection, las montanas.

Paul