Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Good ol Charm

Rampant rumours abound on the blogosphere that I'm actually seeing someone on the sly. Rather than dealing everyone a blatant credibility gap, I'm actually confirming the rumours ( unlike the virginal Malaysian crooner I mentioned in my last post ). Fear not, I shall not slip into sentimental whimpers but yeah, I have actually been seeing Charming Calvin almost regularly since I made my transfer.

Rare enough that I speak of Calvin since he actually reads my blog in his spare time - horror of horrors, I know! - which actually precludes any sort of skanky comments I might make such as the quiet moments with him that I feel like fucking him hard against a wall after tearing off his conservative shirt. ( Can imagine him falling off his office chair right after reading this pronouncement )

And the quiet moments are legion since he's actually a close-mouthed, taciturn sort - although I have to admit that in comparison to mindlessly babbling chatterbox me, everyone else is practically a Sphinx. Certainly not the typical brash arrogant lion. Riding off into the sunset with marriage cert is definitely not in the cards yet but we're taking the time to appreciate each other - and that's fine by me for the moment. So no fooling around with hunky Chris Evans lookalikes in the changing rooms - unless I give Calvin a heads-up first.

Hugs

Although sometimes, Calvin finds it hard to appreciate himself and I always find that absolutely puzzling ( despite my own mounting self doubts ). Sure, he's certainly no flawless diamond but that doesn't make him any less precious :) There are days when like any self-conscious gay man, he wishes that he had a tighter butt or bigger pecs, wishes that he was smarter or stronger - and hell, I'm here to tell him that almost every red-blooded guy thinks the same. Just ask anyone. And that goes for the seemingly perfect Chris Evans of the world too.

Nothing's perfect and there's always that tiny pimple on that rock-hard, Carrara marble-smooth bubble butt.

God knows I'm hardly any sort of prize myself but I've actually grown comfortable with myself, not only with my inherent wickedness and flaws but also with my hideous homely skin. Perhaps it's because of the years but I've grown accustomed to my face as the remixed version of the evergreen goes. Especially since I have high hopes that if I collect enough good karma in this lifetime with my samaritanlike deeds, I shall be reincarnated as a lithe, hunky Brandon Routh in the next life. :)

Hell, if not there's always plastic surgery.

33 comments:

confusticated said...

you know how we always claim that since we already have the brains and the personality, all we need is the looks? it occured to me that if we HAD the looks, we might not have the brains or the personality.

then again, i wouldn't mind being hunkalicious once in awhile. hooh.

Alex said...

Awwww..... another couple in the blogosphere....
So sweet...
Congrats, doc!
Happy for both of you!!!!!

joshua said...

way to handle it like a man...

yay... happy happy happy news abundant!

Just Me said...

Congratulations!
People are hooking up all around me, I can't help but feel happy for all of you guys (bitches!)(Just kidding)!

Lee said...

I'm buying a hat for the wedding as I type.

Xavier said...

well well...

all i can say is, I AM SINCERELY happy for both of you.

it's a good thing that both of you are taking the time to explore... keep it up and please get ready a nice wedding invitation card if u guys want some really nice wedding gift from moi.

:)

Ganymede said...

Yea~~~ Happy happy joy joy.

Lets celebrate in Bukhara. You're paying Doc. :P

NeiLDC said...

Cant imagine when someone will fall on his chair the way to pin down and torn down his shirts or his necktie.. hmm what are you doin in the office?..

anyway yeah people we are all different and we could not be someone else.. but despite the fact that we are different with anyone we should know how to pick the gems that we had so precious and so true..

Just do the samaritan way in return you will get a good favor.

Pay it forward!

Jay said...

Awwww our favourite doctor is no longer single!

By the way, here's a tip: When someone says he wishes he's got a tighter butt, the right answer is "Nonsense honey, your butt is tight enough to crack walnuts!" and not ""Oh everybody thinks so too!"

-waves at Charming Calvin- Come out and say hi!

hrugaar said...

Funny how you say you're just appreciating time with each other, no marriage cert on the cards ... and immediately half the world puts 2 and 2 together and makes 69 and makes you a couple already la! Irriots. ;oP

I get this a lot of the time, usually with female colleagues with whom I've become good friends and everyone starts labelling us as "an item" ... which of course in my case is highly unlikely. LOL!

So I'm glad that you're getting to spend some time together while you're on your transfer ... and who knows, maybe it'll give BBB something to be jealous about, eh? But I ain't going to jinx things by jumping the gun either way. Hugs.

Annie said...

"Yeah and Hooray" for Paul and Calvin.. PomPom Anniie is also chanting, "Well, it's about f*cking TIME!" LOL! Thanks for sharing you little secret with the rest of us losers. ok.kidding...KIDDING guys.. let's not get all huffy now.

"Sure, he's certainly no flawless diamond but that doesn't make him any less precious".. Can I steal this quote? I really really like it.

savante said...

true, idiot, I certainly don't mind being a hunkalicious being for once.

Not a marriage, alex :) Good news certainly, josh. Nothing to celebrate yet, cr. No wedding cards or anything yet but you can be sure xavier will get the biggest card - since his gifts are ginormous!

Yeah, lee, you can wear a hat to the wedding :)

Bukhara again, defiant?

Thanks, neil. Haven't been to the office, just imagine his reaction when he reads this.

Sorry, Jay, I just gotta say it like it is :P I know, I should change that :)

Thanks, ru darling. We're just getting to know each other better... no conjugal happiness yet. I'm a cautious soul.

You can steal that quote, Anieieieiie but you gotta put my name :)

Paul

MrBunnyBan said...

Rumour? What rumour? Oooo, I wonder who's been gossiping. *blinks innocently*

I don't know about coupling just yet, but from Calvin's last blog post...heh.

Annie said...

The bunnyman did it? Did you start the rumors? I came back here in hopes nobody took offense to my last comment.. Well, it's nice to hear our Dr. Paul has some well deserved company to share drinks, dinner, movies and conversation. It gives hope to all of us that life does go on... and I'll be sure to put your name to the quote, Paul and send you a monthly check for royalties.

ça va pas la tête said...

congrates, doc.

Mark said...

You're actually seeing someone?

I hate you! Yet still - I love you too.

Bitch.

hrugaar said...

BunnyBan jumping to hasty conclusions? Unheard of - not! ;oP Heheh. Love ya, Bun.

Xavier said...

when high profile people switch status from single to double, it's always a thorny path ahead... people notices, people wonders, people talks...

rest assured that, in this one, there'll be more smooth peables than thorns.

the Legendary (self-proclaimed) GayRoomates of the TronohWoods give you both our sincerest well-wishes.

famezgay said...

OMG congrats oh... ahaha.. my prediction is correct ahahaha.. Uhmnn.. I should open the gambling den n ask ppl to put their bets on ahaha..

ANyway Hope U n ur charming calvin (kekeeke i think i'm the first one to confirm who is him with the other bloggers, Ooops sounds I'm soo 38 now) have wonderful moments ahead yah..

n since everyone is waiting for invitation I NEED ONE TOO! don'f forget me YAH!

allan said...

i'm so happy for you mare. hoping all the best for you and your man!

Anonymous said...

it's nothing...don't lose any sleep over it...

Sue said...

I am so glad to hear that you are seeing someone. Congratulations! Remember, a diamond in the rough is what you start with. Finish it into the gem you can marry. Happy you guys are enjoying eachother. :)

Anonymous said...

Finally a blog I can understand. Congrats paul on finding Clavin and all that. I am so glad for you guys.(fighting jealousy) I hope you have a long time together and there is many opportunities to slam each other (passionatly) against a wall.

Earl said...

It's not surprising when bloggers hook up. You get to read eachothers diaries everyday. You get to really know and like a person that way.

Michael said...

Another pipedream destroyed. Damn!

Was that out loud?

Of course I'm VERY happy for you, darling.

aiskrem_potong said...

awww.. what a cute way to break the news... (by blaming the people who spread the rumours..hahaha)

anyway - congrats!!

AJ said...

The Doctor is dating! Aww that so sweet! You kids have fun and always remember to be safe!!

A Bear in the Woods said...

way smart way to break it open for us. I'm having visions of the two of you hotties.
congrats!

savante said...

No coupling yet, daniel, just that we're seeing each other.

Royalties would be good, anniieieie, I need cash.

Thanks, cava.

Sort of dating, darien but yes.

TronohWoods, xavier?

Thanks, ceusm and agc_disu.

No prob,k.

Certainly enjoying each other, sue :P

Thanks, ed.

Earl, you're right actually. Easy enough to get to know a person from reading about their life on a daily basis.

What pipedream, michaeL? :)

Thanks, aiskrem!

Always safe, aj. My freaking motto.

Daniel, smart way of breaking the news? :) Thought it was usual.

Paul

Anonymous said...

*peek shyly from behind the wall* Hello. ;-p

savante said...

Hi darlin :)

Anonymous said...

funny, i always pegged you as a bottom
:-P

savante said...

Well, anon, that depends on my mood that day :P

Paul