Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cellphones and The Arabian Knights

Since I was much too groggy to drive around today ( having just finished a really terrible on-call ), my dealer Cellphone Cody came over to take me out for lunch before announcing the delivery of my new baby. Since my old cellphone has been enacting the tragical Madame Butterfly death throes for weeks, I've finally relented and allowed it that final rest that it deserves. The final seppuku for Nokia.

Somehow or rather we made our way for a quick breakfast - since I was rapidly losing consciousness - to a nearby mall. Or at least that's what I thought we did since Cellphone Cody and I felt like we'd somehow stepped into a transdimensional portal that had transported us to 17th Century Marrakesh instead. Surely that was the only logical explanation for the heavily veiled Middle Eastern princesses haunting the area, lightly scented with myrrh, frankincense and Chanel as their preternaturally hairy, heavy-lidded husbands loomed over them jealously. Wouldn't have surprised me at all if a few misplaced desert camels had stumbled their way through the aisles.

Still I was much too engrossed with my new baby to pay much attention to the Arabian Knights and their submissive harem - alhough a few of the dark-eyed knights seemed hot enough to slather on my breakfast bun.

Mehmet Gunsur
Obviously the Tourism Ministry is doing something right in importing hot men from the Middle East.

Trying desperately to ignore my wandering eyes as I ogled the seemingly oblivious hottie Middle Eastern men, Cellphone Cody handed me the phone with much aplomb. Although Cody tried his best to explain the various fine inner workings to me, I found myself hopelessly bewildered and can't make head or tail of it. Not sure what to make of the new cellphone though since it's way too complicated for a meer technohimbo like me to fathom and I'm having problems even sending messages. Not only is the Liliputian keypad way too small for my admittedly large fingers, the screen is also quite a strain for my rapidly declining vision.

Still it looks rather cooler than the trusty old workhorse I had previously :)

16 comments:

Kihu said...

oh new handphone... i wanna get one too but still dun have the money yet.. sigh..

NeiLDC said...

wow, new cell phone, gonna be some liliputan type. anyway MARRAKECH was down spain in a few hours.. wanna come all over and go to morroco and have some tea and aladins magic carpet ride?

Just Me said...

I need a new cell phone. I always get the free cell phone they give me every year or so for being a customer and it is very basic. They don't have a camera...just your regular cell phone.

aiskrem_potong said...

multiply the number of hot middle eastern guys u saw during that outing by 100 and you'll get a typical day at the shopping mall in dubai. it's depressing i tell u...

hrugaar said...

The 17th Century Marrakesh sounds cool. Mark down the mall on the map, paul, I need to visit there next time ... for the princesses and perfumes, of course. ;oP

Yes, the shrinking keypads are a pain. That (together with wanting a larger display screen) was one of the main reasons I rejected the standard issue (i.e. free) Nokia and paid extra cash for a model I could actually use! Some of the trendy clamshell handphones had bigger keypads, but they were ugly and overpriced.

the penile poet said...

I want a new HP too..the ones with the zoom and 2.0 Megapixel...any knights in white armor would look much "bigger" with those phone-babies!

Petie said...

So what's the brand and model of your new mobile phone? :)

Sue said...

Still no cellphone here. I just don't want to be available all the time. Also wouldn't like the bills.

MrBunnyBan said...

Hmmm, trouble sending messages? I had the same problem when I tried using a non-Nokia. Is it too late to rethink your purchase?

That Girl said...

well at least you HAVE a phone..sigh.. im stuck at home without a cellphone ...gah.

thank god for Skype!

Las montaƱas said...

wow, a techie! I am lost with these "space aged" gadgets.

Anonymous said...

so what phone did u get? i'm guessing sony ericsson or motorola (truth be told i'm still pretty iffy with the texting interface of my sony ericsson)

well, the good news is the more you use it the easier it'll get, so start texting now :)

Anonymous said...

hey, this is a cool template. Unable to access your blog yesterday I was thinking what you are up to. Well, now I know.

Matt. K. said...

What model is your new phone? What brand? I want a new phone too!

Anonymous said...

That's the dream phone I always wanted to get, but alas, it's too pricy. Can't afford it with my condition now... Pathetic.

Can I borrow and use for a while? Heh...

savante said...

Neither do I! I'm beggin for cash by the roadside, famezgay :P

Ooh, you're right! So have you been over there, neil?

Free cell phones! cr, dammit, I'm freaking jealous.

Dubai should be a damned hot place then, aiskrem :)

Will definitely bring you over there, ru!

True enough, mypenisblue.

Thanks, xxl!

It's a Nokia phone, pete. Not sure what number... lemme check.

GASP, sue. No phone?!

Getting used to it, Daniel.

No cellphones over there, grafxgurl?! I am shocked..

Equally lost myself, las montana... I'm definitely no techie.

It's alright actually..a Nokia, asmadi!

Hi, legalmate!

Like the new template myself, imphaldiary!

Work for it, Matt :)

Hi, Calvin! Yeha, you can borrow it.

Paul