Thursday, July 20, 2006

Jumping Jills

A certain winged fairy's recent quest for a guiding fag hag has prompted some serious soul searching of my own. Since Carrie Bradshaw and the unfortunately named Stanford Blatch showed us the ultimate winning combo of fabgay-faghag, it has become almost imperative for every card-carrying homo not to be seen gallivanting around without the prerequisite gal-pal accesory - and vice versa. What else could possibly match that perfectly with the Manolos?


Although I have my own coterie of platonic female friends, I doubt that I could possibly call any of them my members of my personal harem - unless Shameless Shalom has a mind to start something.

Talk of my fag hag does remind me of two other girls that I know. Graceless Grace has been mentioned some time back but I haven't spoken of Jumping Jill before here. Practically a tag team since secondary, we managed to battle our way through the sheer delirium of medical school and out into the working world with minimal scarring ( well, I'm possibly more of a cynic with a touch of the psychotic ). Quite possibly one of my longest compadres to walk that close to me since school.

Since Jill's wedded, bedded and delivered though, it's been a little difficult getting in touch with her - not unless it's with a then foot long pole ( not even I aspire to that!! ) especially as she's regularly surrounded by throngs of in-laws, her hulking husband and her newborn babe. Little hard to wax enthusiastic about the naked male form when she's dealing with baby burp and cranky in-laws. Her transfer to a larger city also prompted some loosening of ties but that seems to have changed these few days since we've started talking again almost as if no time has passed at all - given a huge helping hand by the sheer jaw-dropping monotony of the course that we're both attending.

Reunions are fraught with unforeseen tension - and yet it was as if we hadn't been separated by hundreds of miles and almost two years since we'd last spoken. Felt like just yesterday that I'd called her up to ask about some inconsequential matter about the Krebs Cycle. Quite amazing actually and yet something held my tongue this time when she asked me the all-consuming question.

Jill : Are you seeing anyone?
Paul : Uhh...
Jill : Waitaminute, you didn't say no! Who is it!
Paul : Uhh...
Jill : Tell me!

It was at the tip of my tongue to blurt out a name but I hesitated. Hmm... never actually told her I was a raging homosexual ( though I heavily suspect that she already knows since how else could she possibly explain my obsession with hunky athletes in shorts? ).

So I committed myself to an uncertain double date sometime in the future. With Eye Eddie also getting extremely curious ( since I actually told him about my beau - and my blog horrifyingly enough! ), wonder what Charming Calvin would think of this sudden uncalled for popularity. Hope he's not feeling too bashful lately :)

14 comments:

Kihu said...

u no need gay hags lar.. U got charming calvin already ler... ahaha doctor no time for gay hags already.. ekekke

Patrick said...

Double date! So lovely. I guess Calvin is understanding enough to accommodate himself with your life.

hrugaar said...

Yeah, I have a few very close female friends who might count as harem in that when I'm seen with any of them we're often mistaken as an 'item'. I can talk to them about anything, and they take interest in, ahem, all parts of my life. But I wouldn't dare call them fag-hags - they're happily interested in spending time with straight men as well. :oD

But yeah, 'gal-pals' are a good stabilising influence for any gay man - if only to remind him what unconscionable b*stards all men can be, heh. The onlooker sees most of the game.

Yes, I'd bet Jumping Jill has guessed already, paul.

Sue said...

Silly Paul! You should have just told her. I am sure she already knows. Give her some credit. Harumph!

Kiks said...

How could you not a haggot? A gay is only a substitute for a woman, but a substitute can never truly substute the real thing!

Damn, I think I got myself confused now!

Wha...?

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Most women would know already... she was probably just wanting to hear it from the pretty horse's mouth :)

RennyBA said...

Sounds like a perfect date - go for it Paul:-)

RRP said...

been awhile between visits, paul.

love the new look. the interior decorating spilling over the blog, i see? nice job!

god forbid, one must ask, has it also been 'christened'???

(forgetting the fact that such things are nigh to impossible!)

Alex said...

So Jill is not a fag hag, since she doesn't (officially) know that you're gay.
Bring Charming Calvin out and display him!

Annie said...

Paul is gay? WHY! WHY am I the last to know these things!

Men.. they NEVER communicate. Bastards all of ya!

Emma said...

Darlin'.... How could she *not* know? :p Well, just take her to see Superman and she'll get the picture fierce fast.

Speaking of pictures, off I trot to Brandon's website to drool. Hehe!!

Xavier said...

bring CK there, be as normal and as casual as you two can, BUT

hold hands at the right moment... and see how she reacts... hehe

chances are, she'll give u an approving smile and let the truth be known but unspoken of....

subtle and smooth... just the way i like

Maximus Leo said...

Have been so out of touch! Wow!! So you're now in a relationship with Charming Calvin....good on you mate!

Have fun with your double date.... :-)

savante said...

Why no time for fag hags, famezgay :O Calvin does need the time to rest, you know :)

Hmm.. sounds like a good idea actually, jason.

Of course he is, he's an understanding sort, patrick.

GASP! Ru and his harem!

Will tell her when I meet her up, Sue. Promise.

Not sure either, kiks. Looking for one now.

More horse than pretty, holden.

Thanks, rennyba.

Christening the blog, ryan? Can't imagine how but...

True, Alex. You have a point there.

See, even Annieee didn't know :)

Bring her to watch Superman. Roxie?

She's no dummy, xavier. She'll take a look and know.

Thanks, Ian!

Paul