Thursday, February 09, 2006

A short break

Every once in a while, I just need to take a break. It happens almost periodically after every two to three months when the work starts to get on my irritable nerves, the course workload seems a little too much ( damn, how did I think I'd be able to handle studying all over again with all the work I have to do! )and my restless legs just needs space to move. Just a short break to relax, take my mind off things and just to re-energize. In the short term, the delicious shopping mall performs the same duties for me ( it would be better if I had a delicious boyfriend to perform the same role but I don't! ) but every once in a while, I just get this irresistible yen to travel.

Didn't mention anything about my short break before since I only got confirmation of my leave a week back and didn't want to jinx it. Thankfully now that AirAsia has given everyone the enviable ability to fly, I've gotten my precious tickets free :) Which is quite a relief since my bank balance hasn't fully recovered from the recent Istanbul fling. Also a tip, a little winged fairy has whispered in my ear that the young pilots are damned hot so I'll certainly be keeping my eyes wide open during the flight - especially since there wouldn't be any light snacks or other forms of entertainment onboard. Wonder whether the hot pilots still give guided tours of their cockpits :P

Despite my brother's frequent assurances that planes are essentially safe ( and I really should believe him since he's a terribly methodical, conscientious creature ), I still get the occasional heebie-jeebies whenever I fly. Certainly isn't the first time I'd board a plane but each time the plane takes off from the ground, I get nervous. Despite the occasional earthquake/tremor, I'm one insecure guy who prefers to have his feet planted on terra firma. Which is why I need my stack of magazines ( which I'll have to buy this time since AirAsia is utterly no-frills ) to take my mind off the amazing tincan just floating in the sky.

Ah, this is the life...
Ah... this is the life...

So the next time you're reading this, hopefully I should be writing from some exotic South East Asian destination - perhaps even with a gorgeous, husky dark-eyed hunk ( yummy ) kneading my naked back with sweet-smelling essential oils. It'll be my time to grab a few bites of delicious food, put up my tired heels and flip through several mindless, torrid paperbacks.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen AirAsia Pilots and are they really that young and hot :P

Have fun on your break and don't forget us poor unfortunate buggers who still has to suffer the daily toils and grinds of absolute boredom called work.....

ça va pas la tête said...

essential oils on my back? I don't think I would enjoy that. ;) It's just me....

Anonymous said...

Really? never stumble upon any AirAsia pilot that are young or hot.

So weird. Been flying with AirAsia so many times already n all I got is old looking pilot that is not to my taste one.

Do AirAsia have any chinese pilot btw?

Anonymous said...

happy travels paul. sure wud love to share a similar experience!

Anonymous said...

ooo i so can't wait for my airasia flight next month. wonder if i'll meet hunky pilots then :D

here's wishing you meet a hunky masseuse ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Paul, perhaps you would like to take a look at the fresh-from-the-oven semi finalists of the Malaysians who are selected for the space program. One of them is an Air Asia pilot. He looks quite cute in the front page of the Star. :) And, pakcik, he's chinese btw, if you are drooling.

While I strongly think that sending Malaysians to space won't do anything more than just wasting lots of tax payers' hard-earned money, I do think that one or two candidates that are selected could be in the hunky category. hee hee.

Anonymous said...

ha.ha..thanks Anonymous. I only for go Chinese. Anyone know his route his flying though...cause I'm drooling already..

Bless AirAsia for making him : Kelvin Lim Hock Seong as one of their pilot.

but his st8 though....

savante said...

Well, point made, quavadis, I think :)

cava, it feels really good. Go try it.

pakcik, I think you've seen a cute one in the form of Kelvin Lim. Though I think Sheikh Muszaphar is hotter - he's in the list of 540 gorgeous people too. Damn.

Anon, I totally agree with you that it's a waste of taxpayer's money to send guys up to space. What exactly is i t for? So that we'll get our names in the books? Surely they can find a better use of the money.

Thanks, designdoc! Asmadi, I will keep my eyes peeled for a hunky masseuse.

Paul

Mondo_Uomo said...

Now THAT really is life! I mean the one laying there! :-) I'd want that too! Everyday dammit!

Anonymous said...

Sheikh Muszaphar? err....for u maybe yes la..but not for me dear :)

Anonymous said...

I meant to write earlier to thank you for posting "Practical Magic". I hope your break is refreshing. It's a shame BBB is himself so busy. Maybe he could use a break, and a shared hotel room is that much more a bargain.
-Geoff

CTG said...

Enjoy the break Paul. Hve a great time. It's good to get away for a while and re-energise and re-group. I hope to do the same, even just for a weekend away. Take care, CTG

Teekay said...

where r u going paul? if u happen to be in bali by next week, email me. i shud end my sumatra/java trip in bali next week.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! We will all be here when you get back to hear all the juicy details.

Anonymous said...

Hope your sojourn goes well... Nothing beats the tropics, the perpetual perfect tan, and that four-hand massage pictured. I remember ogling over one hot FA when I flew via AirAsia last August, and getting satiated over one hot bowl of hot-sour noddle soup available on board.

Anonymous said...

Ai ya, Dr Paul, you don't have to go so far to have that badly-needed oiled back rub! Heck, there are some centres here in KL that provide some of the best back rubs you can find around in the region!

And quite a lot of the guys are darn cute too! But don't think crooked; these places are not "slutty" places or "duck" stores!! The better ones really train their boys to give a good rub down...of course, whatever happens after that is totally between two adults. :P

Joel said...

No a perfect holiday destination with 4 hands (sometimes 6 hands) massage in Bali.

And AirAsia in Thailand slogan is, even how aircrafts are old, but we have young polots for you.

What would that meant :-)

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you get to go on a vacation. :) And you are so going to get that naughty massage. :) Enjoy! Relax! Have fun but not too much without protection. :)

Musang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Musang said...

happy holiday sweetie... and let them know that you need the exotic rubbing. just in case if they start giving you the erotic one. hahahak. but then again, you might like it. lol.

is barry tagging along?

p/s: bring something for me...

Anonymous said...

What another break again? :-) After the Chinese Year Holidays! Life is so unfair!....how did you manage to swing this by! I haven't had a decent holiday in 2 years!!

savante said...

mondo uomo, it gets boring after a while :)

But pakcik, the Sheikh is really really hot!

Thanks, Geoff! Hope you liked teh latest installment.

Thanks, CTG. Hey, teekay, I'm in Bangkok instead. Planning for a Bali trip later.

Nothing juicy, sue, I'm afraid. Mostly a relative seeing/shopping thing.

Mark, I'm Asian. I'm already quite tanned despite the fact that I'm stuck in the office all day :)

anon! Bring me to those places. I need a good rubdown ... and more.

joel, will go to Bali soon!

Will have a good time, shigeki.

Wish barry was tagging along, musang :) Bring what for you?

No decent holiday? Why not! What have you been doing, Ian!

Paul

Kiss My Mike said...

Oh golly, I desperately need a massage!

Anonymous said...

Can, Paul, can. Anytime when you are in KL. U serious ar wei? For $35, you get an hour's rub down PLUS a grand finale all thrown in.

Anonymous said...

Jeez...Anonymous, where is this place? Fresh isnt it?

savante said...

Wah, anon! Where? So cheap one ah - and got finale some more! I want I want!

Pakcik, you can join in. I'll belanja.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Cut it out, Paul. Don't sound like you are soooo deprived of that back rub lah. You just had one right? Hee hee. If you sound too desperate, then it makes you sound cheap lah. No?

Talkin about cheap, yeah, it's affordable. The quality is good. So are most of the boys too!! You can generally see the faint sillhouete of their nicely toned torsos with a mini Tee clinging so tightly as if it's gonna fall apart!

So you say one ar. You belanja ar. A gentleman never goes back on his words. :P

savante said...

Isn't it obvious that I'm cheap and desperate? I don't think I'm hiding that from anyone, am I? :O

Paul

Anonymous said...

Nope. I do not think u r cheap. Neither desperate. IMHO, you're just some1 who's feelin a bit tired, and slightly disoriented, looking for another nice soul to cuddle up to so that rainy evenings will feel much warmer. Despite all those cheap sounding stuff you wrote, I think behind those words could be some1 sweet, nice and pleasant.

Anonymous said...

And have you got the email I sent you telling you what I meant abt B3 SH and stuff like that? And what are you doing at your terminal when you are having a holiday in BKK??

savante said...

Well, it's Wifi not a terminal :) And I do have a laptop, man! Hey, I'm cheap and desperate - and also nice and pleasant.

Paul