Saturday, December 03, 2005

More than a lil green

A lazy Saturday spent in bed certainly warrants two posts in a day. Actually missed a wedding today and I am still feeling a little guilty about it. Not that it was a really close friend of mine but still...

What can I say? Each time I attend a wedding, I can't help but feel that slight pang of jealousy that someone has finally found their significant other, their soulmate, the person they're going to spend the rest of their lives with and hopefully the same someone they're able to share their thoughts, hopes and feelings with. And horrible thought it may sound, I sometimes feel myself wondering what the hell's wrong with me. Hey, I like myself - egoistic though that might have sounded - but I can't help wondering about my obvious inadequacies when I find myself still single when a number of my peers have been snapped up like so much IKEA items on a megasale. And honestly ( and I feel like a monster here! ) some of them are irregular, uneven, used benches and chairs that should have been better put to the trash compactor.

Look at that couch!
My God. The Couch!


Sure, I wouldn't put myself in the range of high-end Italian designer leather furniture since I'm more the regular, utilitarian stools on sale in the IKEA bargain basement but hey, I'm at least still salvageable. And a new coat of paint will jazz the stool up anytime.

So anyone out there in need of furniture?

11 comments:

AJ said...

lol i'm comfortable with my current rug-gy but i will check in from time to time to make sure there isnt an irrisistable offer.. lol happy selling!

Anonymous said...

I have a leather sofa in my apartment but it needs a lot of caring.... I regret that I have it. But it's sexy. :-)

You never know you might be able to go shopping at a furniture store with somebody anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

I personally think of you as Chanel Haute Couture (Think Nicole Kidman in No.5). Still dunno why someone like you is still single. One & only; can't think of another doctor who writes such cute bedtime stories.

Btw, now that I have my holidays, I totally enjoy reading your stories & it saves me a lot of money on books, which means I can shop even more for clothes hahaha :) I finally understand your definition of 'jailbait' .. such stereotyping paul !

Anonymous said...

Be patient Paul and just keep looking. Someone is out there for everyone. I only managed to get my soulmate to wed me when I was your age. It isn't all that easy for straights either. There just aren't enough gay folks out there, so the probability is worse than for straights. Chances would be better in KL. Any possibility to move there?

Mark said...

Hey Paul, you're human. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I know exactly where you're coming from.

xox

Legolas said...

You'll find one. :-) You're definitely better than a stool, probably a computer desk, haha... That's a joke. Is it because you're picky? ;-P

Anonymous said...

I feel envious when I got to funerals. Go figure.

Paul, I'd expect to find you among the exotic Turkish carpets. Or at least, I wouldn't mind finding you lying waiting on a Turkish carpet. :oP

Musang said...

Left femur open fracture. They gave the inter-locking thingie. put right thru my femur, but i don't like the fracture segment that still hanging in there from the x-ray film.

Talk to you later.

savante said...

Should be glad you have ruggy, aj :) Damn, I'm jealous.

A leather sofa in your apartment, shigeki! I love it! What colour is it. God, I am such a designing freak.

Chanel Haute Couture? Jason, you sweet talker you.

Don't worry, sue, I am keeping my eyes peeled for potentials...

darien, I know!

leggy, a computer table is a damned sight better than a stool! :)

You can imagine me being rolled out of a turkish carpet, ru... kinda like Cleopatra.

Musang! You poor guy. It must be damned painful.

Paul

jjd said...

I could use some furniture.. perhaps I'll trade my interior decorator for your leftovers? :-)

savante said...

Judging by that hunky picture of yours, I'll trade you for my furniture. :)

Paul