Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Notorious II : The Patient's Agenda

One of the good things about being in a foreign city - far away from everyone and everything you know - would be the relative anonymity.

No parents. No relatives. No friends. No one you even vaguely know so you can conduct yourself in the most obnoxious, shameless manner possible at the least provocation. Let down your hair and be a bitch if you wannabe. Monumental the number of rude waiters, crabby salesmen and nasty civil servants I've reamed out the past few months.

You wouldn't believe how liberating it can be.

Yes, you might laugh at it but it's nearly impossible to do so back in your hometown where chances of being recognized would be high! Not to mention you have to maintain at least some sense of decorum in public since there's always a chance that someone out there could be watching.

Or even worse a patient.

Prodigal
Paul : You saw me outside of the hospital. Now I'll just have to kill you.
Patient : W-what?
Paul : No worries. It won't hurt. Much.

Believe me, patients are always out there watching. It's hard trying to prescribe serious medical advice after being caught dancing on the tabletop utterly hammered with a smoking spliff in hand.

But of course - as long as you work in an inner city hospital, you don't actually remain blithely anonymous for that long. Notoriety comes along to club you on the head when you least expect it.

Even in a dark, smoky bar. Imagine my consternation when after shamelessly flirting with a cute twink-ish bartender with amazing dimples for about a half hour, he still comes back again and again, continually smiling and perfectly accomodating. Only makes me wanna push the envelope just a little more.

Bartender : The bill, sir.
Paul : Can I slip it into your skintight jeans?
Bartender : Sure, if that's what you want.
Paul : Oh, I want so many things from you. Are you gonna say yes?
Bartender : You don't remember me? I know you, doctor.
Paul : Oh shit. I've already seen you naked, haven't I?
Bartender : Well, not yet. I've just seen you around.

Seen me around?

Exactly how notorious am I getting! Immediately racked my brain trying to place that eminently adorable dimple. A patient? A relative? A part-time nurse? Fortunately I hadn't already slipped the dollar bill into the blue briefs peeking out from his jeans!

7 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Oh dear. Such is the price of fame. (Or do I mean notoriety? Eeks.)

Mr.D said...

i love it when guys respond to flirtations, it makes me feel so straight. =D

Robinn T said...

owh you flirtious bitch! haha yea I'm dying for some foreign airbending too. It's so much more freer in places where people don't know you, and won't judge you because you are SUPPOSED to be you.

Le Chatelier said...

Totally entertaining!!! Haha~

J-boy said...

Haha the conversation with the bartender is so cheeky.. love it ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the guts to flirt like that in real life.
I'm a tiger online, however. :)

savante said...

Definitely notoriety, kenny! How scandalous.

Yeah, I love it when they don't freak out with a lil bit of flirtation, d. And when they can flirt back, it's even better.

Nice to be in a place where few know who you are, tempus and le chatelier.

Will definitely drop by to talk with him again, jboy.

Make sure you can run though, marvin. Never know how they'll take some flirting.

P