Thursday, March 17, 2011

Going Peanuts

Though I don't see Soused Soldat as often as I like - since he does have dozens of other appointments on his shockingly tight itinerary - we do keep in touch with the occasional messages. Even some multimedia ones.

Which is how I learnt that the Peanuts Collection was going for a steal in the bookstore next to his office. Balked at the heart-wrenchingly exorbitant price before when I first saw it - so with the discounted price at only a third, I knew I had to have it.

I know there are some who immediately think .. 'What the hell's the Peanuts Collection?' Also our Charming Calvin amongst the head-scratching lot!


Pretty sure you'd recognize the entire lot now. No doubt poor Charles Schulz would be a tad miffed to find that the eponymous beagle Snoopy has practically taken over the entire comic strip since few actually know that it's actually called Peanuts. Hell, even the muttering featherhead Woodstock is even more well known.

Never liked Snoopy surprisingly. Always wanted to punt the dog like a football.

Obviously I resemble Lucy quite a bit.
Prodigal
Well maybe not such an adult version of the comic.

Took only a few flips through the pages of Peanuts only to realize that Calvin reminds me of Linus van Pelt - though I am not sure what he does for a security blanket.

4 comments:

Janvier said...

Oh joy! You just reminded us that we used to own a Peanuts encyclopedia on the human body!

...which is now lost. Probably with our cousins' children. Hopefully.

kidz said...

I like baby blues better, thought characters are cuter IMO... and just a month back popular was selling some at 20+ ringgit... grabbed immediately!

savante said...

Comel gila! Seriously, an encyclopaedia, janvier. Go get it back. :P

Baby Blues is cute, kids but it doesn't have the nostalgia that Peanuts brings :) These days I love Zits.

P

Kenny Mah said...

Agreed on Peanuts being nostalgia... Anyone remembers the Peanuts Christmas special? A Charlie Brown Christmas, anyone? :)