Saturday, March 05, 2011

All About Friction

People tell me I walk too fast.

And by people, I do mean Charming Calvin. Most times I try my best to ignore his admonishments on my speed demon walk - especially since he ambles especially s-s-slowly.

Lately however I'm starting to think that there might be some sense in what he's saying. You see, I've always had this rip at the inner cuffs of my slacks. Never could ascertain the cause of the particular tear but it happens on every pair of slacks / jeans that I have! Doesn't take long, maybe a month or two of regular wear.

And there's a little rent on my pants.

Prodigal
All that damned friction!

Supposedly the cuffs - the turned-up margins of trouser bottoms - are meant to protect pants from fraying or any other kind of damage from wet and muddy conditions. Doesn't seem to be helping in my case.

My ISO : Maybe you have a particular moth that just enjoys cuffs.
Paul : There are no moths!
My ISO : I blame your walk. It's all that friction from speed-walking. Burns the material.
Paul : WTF.

So maybe it is time to take my time walking. Certainly would save on my clothing expenditure.

6 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

I know your condition for I suffer from it too.

*looks at worn trouser-cuffs*

Sighs.

john chen said...

and here's our anthem, we 'outta-my-way-briskwalkers:

work, supermodel,
work, turn to the left;
work, now turn to the right,
work, sashay shante!

J said...

Your blog is such an eye-candy, has anyone told you that???

Danny said...

i think it make sense la.. try walk slower next time.. or walk walk pose.. walk walk pose..
hope that it'll cut down the tear...lol ;p

Chen Xing said...

I walk with a fast pace too...speed is the essence, or simply I just want to imagine that I am on a fashion runway.

:)

savante said...

But isn't it weird that it only happens on the trouser cuffs, life! WHy not on the knee?

Yeah, I need a theme song for my walk, john :)

Thanks, Hdaran.

Only a theory. Still wondering if it's true, Danny and Chen Xing.

P