Monday, January 12, 2009

Gay or Asian

Breeder boys would stereotype the homos as the lisping, limp-wristed nancies who flamboyantly strut by with an exaggerated swish.

Of course the girls know better.

These days the gay boys have diversified. In fact it's hard to differentiate the aspiring metrosexuals with their perfectly coiffed curls and their manicured nails from some of the true gay boys these days. Short of flashing a generous boob to get a response, the girls only have a couple of hints to clue them in.

Such as the infamous Gay Clone look - or at least our localized prepped-up Asian version. Carefully spiked hair, collared tees ( with the collars nattily upturned ), knee-length khakis with cloth belts and athletic shoes with short socks. Bonus points if matched with an ear stud or a duck-bill cap.

Hunk
Come on, do I look gay to you?

When they proposed the theory to me, the Lushes claimed that it worked almost 76% of the time. Would have laughingly dismissed the theory off-hand - except I thought about it, looked around me and realized that it was so true! Seriously. There's a virtual gay army. Starting to wonder whether it's a standard uniform handed out with the feather boa and the pink passport these days!

Certainly worked like a charm when Submissive Sandy got tagged from a mile away. Even without the giveaway limp wrist, the hints provided by his uniform were enough that a sister managed to sniff out the lone fag in a herd of wandering breeder boys!

Just from his popped collar alone.

Of course the gay-dar dings twice if you catch them sashaying down the street in pairs - the oh-so-distractingly-cute pair of gay boys who happen to look like cum-copies of one another. Another benefit of a gay relationship? You get to double your wardrobe so not only do you get one but then you have two fellas with the same tastes in clothes.

God forbid the tees have a matching slogan. Top-Bottom. Pitcher-Catcher. Now that would be 100% definite.

10 comments:

Ganymede said...

I don't look like my doctor now do I?

Though I'd love to have those tee! :P

lllearned said...

I am going out soon for a date, and I am wearing a short-sleeved pink tee with sleeves folded, and dark gray three quarters... I am thinking of wearing my sandals too... bleah :P

JD Cole said...

illerned, that's very gay of u~ ;P

The Vice Buddha said...

:)


Oh man.. I just realised I am so gay! :P

Jason said...

Well..i don't do pop up collar. but short pant, a ear stud and skimpy sandals ;)

Anonymous said...

ouch! and i thought my shorts and T shirts are meant to make me look less gay!
maybe should start wearing pleated slacks with tucked in collared T shirts..NO!

Anonymous said...

In my Los Angeles days there was a term for these straight, pampered cuties: GaL -- understand GayLike.
Personally I tend to think there is no such thing a a pure heterosexual male, just guys struck with amnesia ;)

luke! said...

i guess i am gay and so do about 5 million men in jakarta....hahaha
it's the gay-dar that matters the most because i don't think we can judge people by what they wear (though some are just too obvious)

Chris said...

I like Asian only..
I dun like to dress like that sometimes..

Fable Frog said...

But we can't judge on the clothing, coz' if you notice, straights do wear that way too! There has gotta be something else that give us the hint~ could it be the "aura"? or perhaps the "walk"? the ear rings? the accessories?