Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Little Wrapper Girl

Come they told her, pa rum pum pum pum

One chore we all have to live with this time of the year is gift wrapping. Any other time of the year, buying only one birthday gift and wrapping it isn't such a big deal - but when it comes to Christmas time and there's a mountain of gifts lying beside my desk waiting to be wrapped... oh yeah, that's a chore.

Makes me wonder whether Santa would lend me some of his elves.

I know what you guys are gonna say. Just grab the loot, march off to the nearest gift store and hand it over for wrapping.

Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum

Unfortunately I can't. I'm a tad obsessive compulsive and possibly more than a lil anal. No surprise there. So I can't very well use generic wrapping papers from the stores that don't match my theme. Then I also need them to match all the other gifts, I need the bows to be unique, I need the gift cards to match the tree and the surroundings. It's just a whole feng shui thing.

Don't tell anyone but I even hide the uglier gifts with garish tacky wrappers under mine ( since they match the tree! ).

That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum

So you can imagine how stressed out I get during gift-wrapping season. Reason enough to start early.

Fortunately this year I found my little wrapper girl to help.

Share
Paul : Ta-da! The loot!
Fiona : You want me to wrap all that in a week? You must be crazy!
Paul : And a Merry Christmas to you too, Dorota!
Fiona : I'd better get a hunky lil drummer boy under my tree for this.
Paul : Pa rum pum pum pum.


Seeing a friend in need, Fabulous Fiona kindly offered a hand with my troubles. Fresh out of a project - with her orphan-handling and tap-dancing days over, Fiona has decided to extend her Christmas charity to me.

Then she smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum

Turns out our little Lush is a whiz at wrapping gifts - like all good girls are - so I had one chore less to do. All I did was hand her my packages with the matching papers and I got back in return beautifully wrapped presents with all the bells and whistles.

Seriously lovely enough to have my toddler nephew poke around to see what's inside. Hell, I wanted my own toys gift-wrapped by her as well.



Now to move on to finishing the tree.

8 comments:

Perky said...

Damnit. I wish I could be in the Christmas mood as u r. I haven't bought any gifts yet, let alone getting them wrapped.

Anonymous said...

WRITE ME A MC PAUL hehehehe for xmas muhaha

Cyclohelix said...

:)

I retract my 'I am a bad boy' statement and will even do the xmas macarena. Just remember not to over-wrap the pressie :D

Anonymous said...

So where's my little drummer boy?

Janvier said...

We haven't bought our presents yet! What more wrapping!

Leon Koh said...

lovely! I will be keen to see a picture of your tree..

merry christmas!

Chris said...

Glad i am off onX;mas, hehe...

savante said...

Why not in a Christmas mood? I admit it's a tad somber this year so it's time to hear the carols, perky!

Why? Aren't you taking leave, damnwetman?

Xmas macarena? I so wanna learn that, helix!

I'm sure you can find him yourself, Fee!

I still have one space left for the Secret Santa thing, janvier!

Will try to put it up if I can, leon!

Same here. I was worried that I might not be able to get leave, chris.

P