Friday, December 12, 2008

Endless Hallways

No, I'm not scared.

At least that's what I tell myself - in a hastily muttered mantra - when I'm scurrying down the empty hallways of the hospital at 2 in the morning to answer a call. Certainly comes as no surprise that creepy B-grade horror movie producers just adore hospital hallways ( possibly only third to haunted houses and basement parking lots ).

Look, it's the perfect setting. Plain, nondescript corridors with unnumbered doors, countless rooms and faulty track lighting. Ceiling lights that sputter and fizzle at the terrifyingly unexpected moment while phantom footsteps echo endlessly down the long, long deathly silent hallway. Eeriely emptied of the endless human traffic that stream by in the daytime.

Then we have surprisingly hidden supply closets perfect for the crazed serial killer / demonic nurse ( let's not talk about the undead just yet! ) to emerge unexpectedly from to scare the living daylights out of their victims. And let's not forget the emergency staircases dimly lit. You just know the scared lemmings are gonna head down that way.

Party
Well there's no one down here...

Not exactly good thoughts to have at 2 in the morning. All I have in my hands - if confronted with a monstrous intruder with a bloodied knife - is my pen, my pager and possibly my stethoscope. Possibly bean the fella with my pager and strangle him with my stethoscope? Not exactly weapons I can rely on. More likely I'd have to run down the halls randomly hitting on closed doors while screaming my lungs out like the stereotypical blond sophomore on the escape.

And just to add to the general creepiness, I also had Ayumi Hamasaki wailing about Ourselves in my earphones.

6 comments:

AJ v2 said...

put britney spears's songs on ur playlist....sure the ghosts would run away....hahaha!! XD

Sam said...

Time to change the playlist with Yelle's Je Veux Te Voir.

.:: Ant ::. said...

Twilight taught you some mantras?

+Ant+

Anonymous said...

wudn't it be nice if we all had a shiny pink closet in all our deserted hallways with a new chained muscle-head inside to use and throw each time?
:)
oops. wet dream. lol.

Fable Frog said...

ya, been to a hospital to visit a friend and it's sure scary~ and it's at 6pm when there's a lot of visitors~!! still... goosebumps all over my body! eeeee

savante said...

Muahaha. Don't scare the ghosts, AJ!

Now that would be a sacry song, Sam!

Better learn some from him as well, anton. Maybe he could come to exorcise.

That would be nice. But I think hardly any work would be done, closetalk.

But so many people woh, froggie!

P