Thursday, October 09, 2008

Flower Boys

We usually don't associate flowers with men. Sure, the girls get pretty floral names such as Rose and Sage - even if they're conniving back-stabbing Miami society debutantes in reality. Far from the fragile blossoms suggested by their names. As a rule though the boys don't commonly get tagged with names reminiscent of sweet tender blooms - short of a certain hairdresser dubbed Cherry for reasons unbeknownst.

One wonders how he even got such a name.

From the infamous gardener and rose theory in relationships, somehow though the online conversation with my friends veered uncannily towards the topics of names and flowers. Obviously we started thinking about which flower would best suit our distinct personalities.

Jaunty Jared got tagged as a friendly carnation, Lanky Lex as a slender innocent ( dare I say high-maintenance :) ) lily while Charming Calvin was given the sweet, sunshiney shasta daisy. Mr Nipples obviously got the sunflower on account of his lanky height - and his obvious ... protrusions. Of course our multi-personality Janvier was hard to pin down since he would need an entire bouquet of multi-florals to suit.

Me, I got a rose.

Rose
Wonder what kinda flower I am!

Now what the fuck is up with that? The prickly yet oh-so-attention-whore rose? So I started googling quizzes on flowers and personalities to disprove their claim. Unfortunately I ran through several only to prove them right. Horrifyingly enough. Four times at last count.

Reason enough the poor neighbours were woken up in the middle of the afternoon to hear a guy yelling quite inexplicably 'I am not a fucking rose!'.

Till I read the explanation.





You Are a Rose



You are a total alpha dog who tends to be a leader.
Your friends depend on you to hold things together and make decisions.
Potential lovers are drawn to your raw power and strength.
While you are the center of attention, you are secretly introverted and a bit shy.




Well. A rose. Kewl. I like it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you find these sexy pictures of guys.

Cyclohelix said...

I am a rose too ^^
We're the nasty lot!

Ryan said...

I did the test. I am Carnation. Reminds me of mother day. Aiyer, do I ever look or behave like a mother?!

nase said...

interesting, never thought of such analogy for a guy per se.

Janvier said...

Get Charming Calvin to sing Kiss By A Rose! Or Rose Rose I Love You. :P

H.a.M.s.A.p said...

Oh no, I'm a tulip! I dun like the statement, "often switch jobs and lovers, always looking for something better". Aiyer, I wanna be a rose too ~

Little Dove said...

A befitting flower!

RPMnut said...

I'm a carnation.

I yawned through the description of what I am.

Dammit.

Pike-chan said...

I'm a lily~!

Sounds like a boring type of flower...

__S.B__ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
__S.B__ said...

I am A Jurber

Alex said...

Rose, Rose, I love you...
Tee hee.... you're a rose? Thorny.

Mr.D said...

I am Lily! Hik hik