Friday, May 26, 2006

Bloodhound Knocks

On my off days - when I'm not tracking down the rest of my Blue List like a soulless bloodhound - I usually spend it lounging on my Balinese teak daybed scrounging through the internet for news of interest - and occasionally numerous *ahem* bodies of interest. Despite the titillating reports, sometimes the sheer ennui does get to me and I do find myself nodding off.

Of course till the past few days I've never actually known what life in blissfully contented suburbia would mean - and exactly what the desperate housewives have to contend with in the lazy afternoons. Just as I was about to fall into the blessed arms of Somnus, I heard a shrill cry that jolted me half awake. The sheer din of my ringing doorbell was only outdone by the volume of his voice as the man at my door literally yelled down the rafters. You'd be forgiven for thinking that my handsome prince had finally arrived to whisk me off to his fabulously appointed apartment in Bangsar ( filled with lovely antiques and knick knacks from all around the world ).

Salesman hunkIt was a fucking door-to-door salesman. And before you gay boys can ask, yeah, yeah, incredibly dark ( like he'd fallen headfirst into a freaking tanning pool! ) due to the endless sun exposure and somewhat good-looking - the kind you'd take home for tomorrow's breakfast if the pickings weren't all that good that night. Just before I could ward him off with a nasty threatening scowl, he was already off and running with his cheap smarmy spiel.

Still, the boy was heavily enthusiastic with such wild, manic energy vibrating in his brown eyes that I felt like smacking him around and dragging him to the hospital for a blood checkup. Hell, he looked as if he was on an ecstasy high, stammering away desperately about his products in rapidfire Mandarin - which obviously left me straggling desperately in the dust. Obviously taking me for a naive rube - instead of the bitter cynic that I am, he started enthusing about the miracles of his product and all the special deals he's about to offer me since I'm so special.

Still I was kinda sedated myself so I allowed him to ramble on about his stupendous products that was guaranteed to turn me into studly heartmelting Chris Evans while I checked out his sweaty chest. Or was he talking about an electrical appliance?

After the spittle had dried on his sweat-dripping face ( and on mine ), I told him to go down on me before I'd buy anything. Well, of course I didn't do any such thing - especially since I'm aiming for a cleaner, more PG-rated Paul - though I actually wish I had. Perhaps it would deter the rest of the hot young salesmen from haunting my gates and waking me up with meaningless babble. Trust me, only good way to be woken up in the morning is with a French kiss from a hot guy. Anything else is a poor second best.

Instead I gave him a soft drink, patted him on the head like a good little boy and told him to bug my crazed karaoke freak of a neighbour. Let her try to drown him out.

Revenge is best served cold.

10 comments:

Emma said...

Salesmen don't come to my door anymore. I like to think they're skeered of me and my 7 wombat combat moves!! Not even the possibility of half naked, taut teenage butt can overcome The Fear. Mwahaha!!

quicksilverlining said...

door to door salesmen are only second in annoyance to those seventh day adventist people. usually since i have lotsa free time to spare, i lead them on into thinking i'm somewhat interested, then dismiss them with a wave, and snigger loudly as they leave somewhat irritatedly. bwahahaha.

of course, these days, i just put on a face that screams "your existence is inconveniencing me."

Sue said...

I must admit a certain soft spot for door-to-door folks, since I used to sell that way. It is the toughest job in the world. I listen and then politely ask them to leave; or if they are religious people my big dogs will bark and I will pretend that I can hardly hold them back as I frantically ask them to leave. Works every time.

Anonymous said...

You should have asked for the blowjob. He would have either given you one or went running down the road either way you win. I wouldn't say if you give me a bj I will buy your product, but if you give me a bj I MIGHT buy your product:-)That's not being mean he woke you up and is inconveniencing you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
I strongly believe and known for a fact that most door to door salesmen nowadays are undergraduates who can't find a decent job. They're desperately seeking for a decent job and that's the only job that is available for fresh undergraduates with no working experience. Pity them and since they're desperate well Ed has a good point there. They'd do anything to earn a single sales for a day. BTW, mind to share where do you get to download Dante's Cove?

famezgay said...

haha once there's a salesgirl came to my house n we chatted for half an hour.. Uhmnn n still i never buy anything from her but indeed i offer her a drink! But she's really friendly enough n I quite pity her actually but i just don't have the money to buy useless stuff ahah!

Xavier said...

u looked at his sweaty chest and do nothing???

u patted his head and do nothing??? not even a pat on his "head"???

GOSH! such a waste!!!! that's a nice crunchy snak home-delivered to u ler....

Annie said...

I'll take a Seventh Day Adventist hunk over a ugly old mailman any day of the week including Sundays. Please, oh please knock on my door! I'll invite him in for some 'drinks'.. of course, like Paul, you interrupt deep sleep that involves a man in my dreams, any hunk beef knocking on my door selling something will either be shredded beef or a lunch time snack. My sleep is precious to me.

Salesman OR mailmen don't come knocking on Roxanne's door because she flashes them with her boobs! Bad girl. Bad.

Maximus Leo said...

The evil Dr Paul strikes again! :-) But kudos for the guy who has so much enthusiasm....

Anonymous said...

revenge is best serve cold

nice...