Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dauntless

Even in the face of nigh impossible odds, some determined heroes soldier on undaunted, raging hundred foot rogues waves and spiralling pillars of fire proving no obstacle to them. Then there are the normal guys who have to fight against the more mundane stuff like mountains of paperwork and certifiably insane PMSing cellphones that have been possessed.

The demonic handphone?This past weekend I've been having heaps of trouble trying to contact Big Bicep Barry. Got so difficult I was tempted to call a PI to trace his whereabouts.

Since his embarassingly ancient cellphone has been groaning its death throes lately, SMSes seem to have disappeared into thin air - if not morphed into cryptic coptic clues - and the few times he's managed to get through to me has turned into seemingly Da Vinci coded missives that turn confusingly garbled at the most interesting moments, punctuated by fizzles and crossed lines. Messaged invitations to a power lunch are replied at suppertime and previously planned schedules are getting mixed up with the mysteriously missing information.

Sometimes technology can be simply frustrating.

Since some of the bloggers who dropped by have been intrigued by my frequent mention of the guy, we actually made plans to meet. Unfortunately the mountains of paperwork I mentioned have been threatening to topple over on the guy - and to add to his mounting problems, he hasn't been able to contact me for the sudden change in plans. Although I'd guessed the source of his satanic woes, it still left me a tad disgruntled and I couldn't help mouthing malignant curses - which probably made it worse.

Hence the sudden unexpected appearance of Barry at my doorstep tonight with demonic cellphone in hand, looking slightly the worse for wear - possibly after wrestling with his conscience and the fiendishly evil cellphone. Although unbuttoned, his shirt wasn't torn enough for me to see more of his bare chest.

Barry : See. It's going crazy.
Paul : Can I smash it into the ground? Crush it into little pieces?
Barry : It's the only one I have.
Paul : Buy a new one, dammit.
Barry : I am poor. Spent all my money on my cameras.
Paul : You know my moneymaking suggestion. The Kayu Jatis Male Burlesque remember.
Barry : Very funny.

It was true however. Shockingly enough, SMSes sent to the unholy object only disappear into the hellish pits of darkness where all but the most reckless angels would dare to tread.

Perhaps an exorcism is in order.

20 comments:

Ryan said...

got 2 love cell phones!

famezgay said...

seems lots of fellow bloggers need a new cellphones ahahaa...

Maximus Leo said...

Buy him a new phone for his birthday! A gift from you to him :-) This will solve all your problems with technology....

And by the way - who is the hotie?!

Ganymede said...

Perhaps you should have an entry consisting entirely him. Heheheh.

Dave said...

I've met situations where my friend send me an SMS informing that he will be late, but i receive the SMS an hour after he arrives. =(

Both of you need a good decent new cellphone for yourself. If you lack the moolahs, mabey both of you can try performing stripshows at Exotica Hospital, I go draw the local gay guys and form a tour to Exotica Hospital to fatten your wallet. hee...

savante said...

So do I :) But it can be monstrous sometims.

I know. We should start selling em cheap, ceusm.

Ian, tried that. He doesn't want expensive gifts. :) Hottie is Huang Xiao Ming from Condor Hero.

Paul

savante said...

Well, one day, defiant.

Where is this Hospital of yours, dave! I wanna join!

Paul

Xavier said...

PAUL, can it be MORE CLEAR???

he's giving u a chance, buy him a cellphone, so he HAD to owe you a favor...

and needless to say... the favor is WAT WE ALL WANTS!

go get it Dr... hehe be the tiger!

Alex said...

Hahaha.... aren't we all too dependent on technology nowadays?
But cellphones are so darn cheap nowadays... you don't need to spend a fortune on it... ask Barry to change new one la...

That Girl said...

ah my gad is that him in the pic!! it fits the description!! lol

i had to lay my phone to rest....it was receiving and sending messages wayyyyyyyyyyy after i sent any and sometimes it would send itself garbled cryptic messages which i would scream at my friends for..poor things!

joshua said...

Why is he like so calm even with a 'possessed' cellphone like that? I ran amok when my old 'potato handphone' cleared all my SMS memory.

Tell him the phone is only usable to contact you. A personal one-to-one line.

I am sure you can persuade BBB to get a new celly with all your professional taunting.

Anonymous said...

unfortunately...i can't blog everyday like i used to...exams r just around the corner...n facts such s the long thoracic being supplied by 3 roots of the brachial plexus doesn't seem to stick...

anywayz...m in need of methods of reducting a shoulder...other than the hippocrates method...any clue?

Anonymous said...

*reducing a shoulder

mr tickle said...

you're just havin' so much fun, doctor ;-)

pakcik said...

just buy him Nokia 1100. Its cheap. Cost you less than RM200. Its the thought that count. Beside, the 2 of you only exchanging sms right ;)

Lifebook said...

Do inform us when Barry agreed to perform stripshow.. oh wah!!

Petie said...

It's nice to see how Barry sems to became quite attach to you.

I still remember the first post you mention him. Of how you think he think you must be crazy stalker pressing him for his cell phone number :P

christof (qutie a cutie you are ^^) I nicknamed RAZR phone a sort of dumb-blonde specie of cell phone :PP It looks pretty but it does not do more than what other brand and that kind of money can buy. Although I guess the price is more reasonable now that it's slowly became obsolete

Anonymous said...

Stripshow? Reminds me of the thai tiger show! Pull out a string of razors from the buttock and write "I Love Paul" with his butt. Oh yeah..you can be his partner for the live love making performance...reserve one ticket for me..thank you

savante said...

Funny, Xavier :)

Been nagging him to change that crappy phone, Alex.

Not him grafxgurl but certain shades of him, I'm sure!

Hardly calm, joshua. He was silently raging, gritting his teeth kinda thing.

Oh. Anatomy. I remember the days, k :)

The demographic of 13 yr old gals :) Certainly doesn't suit you, Christof!

Certainly am, aron.

Does it actually work, pakcik?

Not only would I inform, I'd post pics, lifebook :P

Probably still thinks I'm a crazy stalker, pete :)

GASP. Stripshow, anon!

Thanks, hairy bears.

Paul

Karl Bakla said...

Dauntless is the word of the day & you used it, yeah!!!!