Saturday, May 20, 2006

Wifi-less

There has to be something quite tragic about a late twenties ( yes, I'm in the twilight of my twenties!! ) walking aimlessly about shopping malls searching for invisible waves of wireless fidelity. Taking Charming Calvin out for a bit of retail therapy proved to be a literal quest for Wifi bubbles as I lugged my laptop around in search of my virtual treasure.

Unfortunately when I'm off shopping in the city, I find myself literally disconnected from the virtual world and it leaves me surprisingly despondent ( yes, I am a blogger addict ). Turns out that it isn't all that easy searching for my nirvana actually and the literal clues left around turned out be dead-ends as I trolled around hotspots and cafes. Hot virile guys in shorts were literally left in the dust as I blindly followed the trail of my disappearing wifi connections. It came as a surprise to me that the bubbles of wireless waves literally fades and returns according to their own magical moods. Sometimes it seems to me that technology literally has a life of its own and it's a screaming bitch.

Fortunately at the end of a fruitless search, I finally found the mermaid beckoning to me with her irresistible mug of mocha and the magical bubble surrounding her. By that time Calvin was already fast fading - especially since he seems to be a perpetual sandman - and I was quite tempted to jab him with some intravenous caffeine.

Is it weird that I find more satisfaction with an internet connection than a hottie? :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...something has to b said here...i think we're all very much dependent on technology these days...my first instinctive action after waking up is to switch on my laptop every morning...

btw...something weird's going on with my blog...it didn't notify me that u had posted a comment...thus i didn't realize until i saw ur comment on my latest...

n yes...u r right...well...almost...there's a few changes here n there...it's quite a relief to know that other doctors who've already made it also use the same mnemonic...despite being completely crude...maybe there's some chance for me after all...

hee

That Girl said...

im a real geek Paul...i can spend days neck deep in code and Java and what not..and i dont feel the need to come up for air like any other normal people...i understand. lol.. id rather have techy stuff...sometimes and mosttimes.. theyre way hotter!

Sue said...

So what is up with all of the "-less" posts, Dr. Paul?

quicksilverlining said...

well, a good connection gives you access to even more hotties, no?

Ganymede said...

Nothing like starting my day in front of my computer reading blogs. :P

Anonymous said...

I think i might also be an addict

Alex said...

What??? You 'find more satisfaction with an internet connection than a hottie'???
Ah... an Internet addict huh.... Heal thyself! Hahahaha...
You need a hot sexy man! When's your birthday? We order one for you....

Xavier said...

now where did this Charming Calvin came from? or did i missed out one of ur old post.. hmmm

gonna read up

MrBunnyBan said...

keke, shopping with Calvin alone. No wonder you never accept my invites to bring you up. ;)

Anonymous said...

The starbucks maiden is a mermaid?!? Geez, I've never seen her that way before... Mindless comment :-)

Maximus Leo said...

Man...where are your priorities???? :-)

joshua said...

Isn't the Starbucks mascot a depiction of Medusa? The mean Greek myth character?

savante said...

k. something weird in your blog? Yeah, you should ehck that out. THe mnemonic changes each time someone says it. I bet there's a cleaned up version somewhere out there. Saw a clean one in the Cambridge Book of Mnemonics.

Ooh, you should teach me, grafxgurL!

Just for fun, sue. :)

You have a very good point, quicksilver :)

Wich I could do that in the mornings too, defiant.

I'm an addict too, marco!!

Sad, isn't it, alex? I need to find someone soon. Go find it, xavier :)

Well, you cancome along anytime but you go up at odd times, Daniel.

It is a mermaid, mark. Check the link at the bottom.

I know, ian :)

Check this out, joshua. http://www.deadprogrammer.com/?p=1684

Paul