Sunday, March 12, 2006

Pulling teeth

For a seemingly gregarious guy with heaps of acquiantances scattered all over the peninsula - and possibly several neighbouring tropical islands, Handsome Hui can be a remarkably reticent fella. Despite giving off a generally wholesome regular guy image, the boy keeps his darkest secrets close to his chest - and like the bitter cynic that I am, still waters only serve to make me helluva suspicious. Like dammit, what the hell is he hiding and why don't I know it!

What can I say? It's actually like a trade. Ever since he caught me months back on one of my clandestine outings with Big Bicep Barry, I've been dying to get some illicit information in return. Isn't that the fair thing to do?

Keeping a watch
I bet he's hiding something! Maybe he buried his wife in the bottom of the swimming pool!

I know. God, I can be such a freaking snoop ( courtesy of all those Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys novels I devoured as a kid ) but I can't help myself! Like the amateur sleuths of Wisteria Lane, I find myself irresistibly drawn to unsolvable suburban mysteries. However, extracting information from him is akin to pulling out teeth. Terribly painful, chockful of profanity and nigh impossible without resorting to violent, primitive methods.

Since his last bemoan about a lack of social activities in his calendar, all of us have been trying to get him literally involved - well, I've practically twisted his arm backwards to force him out of his comfort zone. On the rare occasion, we've even traded lewd, possibly profane messages dealing with cow tongues and saints. Don't even ask.

Terrorizing the poor kid with relentless questions and barely veiled threats like I did previously obviously forced him to stubbornly clam up even more. Obviously a change of interrogation methods was in order. What I should have done instead was corner him in a darkened room, ply him with endless java, stuff him with fried chicken and lull him into seemingly insane boredom.

Which I did. Last night. And it worked.

He opened up somewhat. I learned that he wasn't a rampaging sex maniac with forays abroad for satisfaction ( which is a disappointment since I was expecting disgusting scandalous details that I could display to the voracious public ), he realized that I wasn't at all interested in his tight, gym-fit bod ( well, perhaps aesthetically... and uhh, there was that sweat soaked dream once but what the hell, I am a red-blooded homosexual after all! ), and we did all that without resorting to dental pliers.

19 comments:

hrugaar said...

So you told us what he wasn't ... but did you find out what he was? ;oP

Cow tongues and saints? Heheh. Now you gotta email me, darlin'.

Maximus Leo said...

So what's the outcome of the confession? :-)

And you're not into his fit/slim body? but he sounds like he has got a good personality as well....

savante said...

Cow tongues and saints? You gotta be there, ru :)

The outcome is.. well, we're friends and possibly closer than before.

Paul

akihisa said...

I always feel good if a friend feels comfortable enough to open up to me. That is, without the need to resort to devious methods like you, Paul. ;p

Anonymous said...

What's up with you? tight fit slim gorgeous bod didn't interest you at all? Oh wow, you've gotta be straight. :-)

Anonymous said...

I accidentally hit "enter" before I filled out my name. Sorry Paul. you can spank me later.

savante said...

Ahmad, me devious? Nah :P I'm an innocent country boy.

Sure it interested me, shigeki, but I always look at him as a younger kid bro.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Funny how some java and fried chicken made him tell you things you've been wanting to hear. Treat him to a buffet then you might be able to extract the juiciest stories. We all have those, y'know. :-) Cow tongues and saints? Am I missing something? Huh. Happy week ahead!

Musang said...

now... THAT is kinda evil methods of interrogation... will not work on barry i guess. unless you threatens to stuff him with the fried chickens.

LOL.

poor hui.

MrBunnyBan said...

...Paul, aesthetics is all there is to a tight gym bod. :p Nice work, btw. See? Charisma. ;-)

That Girl said...

now i want fried chicken...

ah my gad i am SO hating being on a diet! ( ok i know this is totally NOT related to your post...lol) but thats alll that jumped out at me.. fried chicken..

Sue said...

I heart grafxgurl's comment. Fried Chicken! Too funny. I just want more dish! Are you guys so close now that you cannot confide any details to us, your devoted readers?

Anonymous said...

Younger kid bro, pfft. You could go in for a bit of incest then. ;) What's the point of me bringing home rugby and soccer players if you're letting a tight, gym-fit body with "Handsome" as part of his moniker go to waste?

Anonymous said...

are you falling in love with HH & not even knowing it, you've gotta be attracted to his gym tight bod & not wanna ransack it?
4 him to open up to you after all the chicken u stuffed him, are u sure it was only "chicken"...some dteails are missing...
u have def got CHARISMA!
jAMES

Joel said...

I think we definitely need to know MORE!

savante said...

Well, mark, you gotta be there to get the cow tongues :)

musang, you are right actually. Barry's kryptonite is kentucky fried chicken.

Daniel... what charisma? I should be inundated by hunks then!!

grafxgurl, I love fried chicken too.

What do you wanna know, sue? Oh yeah, and chas and scotty too :)

Can't explain it exactly jamie! :) But it would feel a tad like incest! Hot OZ boys simply can't be related so it's okay.

Falling for him? Nah, doubt it. But will keep ya updated, james.

Paul

Just Me said...

So is he gay? I dont' think you answered that at all.

Anonymous said...

so does this mean his gay-vagueness is still intact?

savante said...

Scorpios keep their secrets, guys :)

Paul