Monday, March 13, 2006

Miss Conception

With the occasional raging rumour being whispered behind my back about my hidden sexuality, I sometimes take it for granted that most of my friends - Shameless Shalom included - have had their suspicions confirmed sometime or other in the period of our friendship. The rumours don't exactly bother me since for some obscure indefinable reason, I've often been the object of speculation ( and hell, I do more than my share of gossiping ). Although I don't regularly swish around with my flamboyant feather boa in the hospital - and probably fade into the average joe background, I am just as gay as the next desperate faggot crouched behind that darkened bush in the neighbourhood park and it always strikes me as surprising that it isn't as apparent to everyone.

That delusion suffered more a little today. Obviously my pink passport isn't as apparent as I thought since I had a surprising encounter with Willowy Wanda just this morning. Although we work in neighbouring departments, we don't get together all that often apart from the weekly chats in the hallways as we meet. As a happily married bridezilla, she has made it her unswerving mission to spread her mindless dogma to the rest of us heathens - hoping to save us from the bitter sinful depravity of singlehood.

Wanda : Ummm.. hate to ask you this but are you seeing anyone?
Paul : Uhh.. sort of but not exactly. Why?
Wanda : Wait a minute. Sort of but not exactly?
Paul : Trust me, much to complex to explain. Anything?
Wanda : Hope you don't mind but well, I have this lawyer friend I want to introduce to you.
Paul : No problem. We might not hit it off but it's always good to have a lawyer friend.

( Which is true btw. You never know when you're gonna need to get bailed out )
Wanda : Think smart, good-looking and funny.
Paul : Sounds like a winner.
Wanda : So how about it?

A lawyer?My answer should be pretty obvious. Since I didn't see anything wrong with smart, good-looking lawyers, I readily gave my enthusiastic assent along with my various contact numbers - short of giving away my blood type which is O positive btw. As I've mentioned before, my personal Blue List isn't doing all that well anyway so I didn't see any harm in doing so. Then as I walked away, it struck me that the lawyer she mentioned might not be tall, broad-shouldered and male.

Miss Conception is probably female.

Good grief. What have I done?

27 comments:

savante said...

True enough. But I seriously doubt it's male. Sigh!

Paul

Maximus Leo said...

We can certainly share a couple of stories as well! :-) Most of my friends have given up on me and I hate to hear any rumours about me - both at work and at a personal level. I'm a gym and health freak! Live alone - have not seen with a girlfriend at all. I blame it on work and hectic travelling schedule and I've a commitment phobia! Only 4 people on the earth now about my "inner self".

Having said that, there are still caring friends/family members out there who are dying to hook me up with any girlfriends they know! Welcome to my life....

But on the plus side, a good lawyer could do wonders as well. Just another friend to rely on when there are times they are required to bail you out of a "legal" issue.

Have a good week ahead!

Jay said...

Don't worry. If she did say 'good looking' I think it's a pretty safe bet that she's getting you a bloke.

Unless the person's one of those 'handsome women' types, in which case you might still get your 'tall' and 'broad shouldered' requirements met.

savante said...

Gym and health freak? Ian, I gotta see that bod of yours.

Jay, with my luck it's probably a handsome woman.

My fingers are crossed, boy.

Paul

That Girl said...

ah my gad what got into you!?!?

whatcha gonna do when its a woman?!

jeez im getting married and people STILL try and hook me up.. im like.. EH? peeple?... enough already!

ahh go out for fun..lol.. then tell her your gay and laugh all the way home!

eeks am so bad!

hrugaar said...

'Think smart, good-looking and funny' usually means that the blind date is none of those three, but a bit of positive thinking might help, harrharrr. :oD

Sounds like it's going to be a girl to me. But it could be worse ... imagine Bountiful Betty turning up as your date ... ;oP

Anonymous said...

or maybe she's a HE!

Anonymous said...

Notice how she carefully avoided using a gender in her description? And said "good-looking" instead of "pretty, with long hair and a great figure" or something along those lines?

It sounds as though she was trying to be circumspect, but still implying male.

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, she could be just like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde. :-) keep her if she looks pretty and posh in Pink. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmm one more uncomfy date coming up...~ Vij

Musang said...

big mistake paul... that's what you did.

you are SO dead if the lawyer is a
she. LOL. but then again, if she's hot, convert her to become your new fag hag. so that she could pimp you to other available MALE lawyers.

good luck babe.

Curtis said...

This isn't a big deal at all. If it turns out to be a hot lawyer guy, then Bob's your uncle. If it turns out to be a hot lawyer gal, simply ask if she has an uncle Bob!

Okay, that sounded funnier before I wrote it. In any case, I'm sure you'll have a nice time with her and find a nice way to let her know what team you play for. She might turn out to be a good pal. Never know.

NeiLDC said...

Yeah, i think lawyers are good in terms of reasonin and other stuff, bt they are also good in big discretion if ever. Try to see if the session is sustain or adjorned.
"All rise up, the session is finished".smile

Petie said...

Well just cross your fingers and hope it's a male ;)

Anonymous said...

Dude..wishing u all the good luck in the world ;)

MrBunnyBan said...

...er, okay. I really think you should have saw that coming from a mile, but whatever.

*looks at armstrong's avatar* Kaworu! <3 <3 <3

ça va pas la tête said...

paul, I agree with Jay. It's a He..... *cheers*

Squido said...

If it's a guy, show us the picture eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, if its a She, at least you have a female lawyer friend to bitch and rant to once you confessed to her your sexuality.. if its a male lawyer..you are in paradise... Bearing in mind, we lawyers tend to talk a lot, male or female, you would have a nice time, whether its sexualy stimulating or not..

Anonymous said...

And somehow or rather managed to press publish without typing my name..hahaha..anyway..have fun and jst go for it, who knows what suprises might be in store and she might have some gay lawyer friends...one never knows...

MrBunnyBan said...

...wait, now that I think about it, if someone says 'good-looking' I'd think it's a man too. Hmmm.

Rick Bettencourt said...

Ah, maybe you can swap some recipes or help her out with her wardrobe...

Bandit Talks

Anonymous said...

Paul, everyone's said it. If it's a lady, ongratulations! She just might be a great candidate to be your new fag hag.

If it's a man, well, good luck!

Kiss My Mike said...

i just thought wanda should "kinda" mind her own business?

Anonymous said...

Wanda : Ummm.. hate to ask you this but are you seeing anyone?
ai yoh Paul honey..doesn't this imply that she's trying to hook you up with a girl?
aiyoh yoh Paul....
jAMES

AJ said...

hmmm she did carefully avoid all references to gender... You may be getting a hunky guy, or pre-op tranny.. Heh...

savante said...

True, grafxgurl :) If she calls, I'm just gonna go get some dinner!

If it was Bountiful Betty, I'd be pleased, ru. I'd add some poison into her cosmopolitan.

We can all hope, bri and diane!

A Reese Witherspoon would be fabulous, shigeki. But I'd prefer is her husband came along instead.

We'll see how it goes, vij.

Nah, musang, I'll just go on the dinner date.

Tell us about the Bob part again, Curtis! What was that!

n.armstrong, I'm always waitig for a hot hunk to talk about his briefs ;)

Thanks, pakcik and pete. Cava and squido, you'll see pics if it's a guy. But I doubt it is.

Daniel, I honestly didn't see it coming.

anon, you are right! Either way, I win. Thanks to weeshiong who had me look at it positively.

quavadis, she might have a hunky law partner who's rich, lonely and looking for a partner!!

Not to mention, rick, we could go shopping!

Don't mind people matchmaking me, kissmymike. I need help!!

James, I know. I was a bit blur that day.

A preop tranny, aj? :)

Paul