Sunday, March 27, 2005

Pearl of the Orient

If this post seems a little incoherent, it might just be sunstroke. I know it's Easter but I've gone to Mass :) I deserve my time lying under the palm trees listening to the waves.

If Malacca is my home, I consider Penang as my second home. Ever since I was a kid, every school holiday of any sort meant a trip back North where my relatives all hailed from. Like Malacca, it used to be a Straits Settlement and a port - definitely a far more prosperous and populous port than Malacca. Although it's certainly not one of the important ports in the world nowadays, it still retains much of its charm. Although some changes has to be done if it hopes to retain some of its lustre.

The colonial buildings, the beautiful monuments left behind by the British, have been left rotting away and it was sad to see the dilapidated view presented by Penang's skyline as we approach from the sea. There is hardly any upkeep and the buildings seem to be left to fend for themselves against the sun and the rain ( and of course recently, the tsunami ).

Of course Penang still has some good points in its favour, not least of which is the boys in Penang :) Since my last trip, it has occurred to me that the boys in Penang... are looking really good. Who coulda thunk it? Tall, slim, sexy specimens prowled the streets and malls of Penang... looking hot. The only gripe I had is the prevailing fashion straight boys nowadays have of wearing awfully loose clothing... huge, roomy tees enough to be mistaken for a caftan and baggy cargo pants. Why hide the tight abs and the bubble butts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lying under palm trees hearing the water and seeing the tall, slim, sexy specimens prowl by? Sounds like a great way to spend your Easter.

Enjoy!

Sven said...

I must agree with Mr Anon, it sounds great :)

I’ve also had reasons to curse that particular line of baggy fashion too, and I'm much more in favour of the new low waist thing (on others)

Sven said...

Well Jason, sometimes there is no understandig, just to enjoy the view when offered ;)