Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Gay Jack

Omigod.. just when I mentioned Jack Shepard being stranded in a desert island with horny gay men, I read an article in the papers that mentioned the possibility that his character might be gay.

Before I proceed any further, Lost is one of the latest drama series from ABC that tells the story of 48 survivors stranded on an island after a devastating plane crash, all different characters and personalities forced to work together against cruel weather, harsh terrain and whatever supernatural secrets the mysterious island might hold. A lil bit of drama, romance, sci-fi all added into the mix. Very little has been revealed about most of the characters and each episode brings to light just a little sliver of their life prior to being stranded on the island. This is a lil road map and a funny blog explaining all that has happened so far on the show. Small island, a group of really hot guys and a handful of women, so what is there not to like? :) Although I might hope that a fire destroys what's left of their remaining clothes, the guys only please.

And there's Jack Shepard ( played by Matthew Fox ). Gaining a reputation as a doctor amongst the abandoned survivors ( whether he might be one is still in question ), he quickly gains the respect and trust of the rest - well, not all - and becomes the de facto leader of the band of friends, family, enemies and strangers. There's a huge argument in the Lost-TV forum about Jack's supposed homosexuality here. So what's your verdict?

4 comments:

Sven said...

Everyone talks about Lost here too, but I have yet to see it. To much work and far too little play for me atm. Matthew Fox isn't half bad though..

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the show but I've heard good things about it. I told my friend about the rumor and she adamently stated that he is NOT gay.

However, this opinion could be coming from some part other than her head.

Sven said...

Managed to catch it last night, and I understand why people want him to be gay. I would be thinking with body parts corresponding to your coworkers, Mr Anon, if I said I think he is, but I agree with some people on that forum link that it's not likely to turn out that way. I hope someone else will be though.

savante said...

And why wouldn't they talk about Lost? Any of the guys turning out to be gay would be... yummylicious. They seemed to have picked some extremely cute guys to leave stranded on the desert island... pandering to the wishes of the ladies - and the gay men, no doubt. Now, when are the nude bathing scenes gonna be shown? :)

Paul