Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Getting a workout

Finding out that he was right always makes my ISO happy. We both love being right all the time which made it awful living together butting heads all the time. So it was with some unholy glee that he teased me when he found out about my boredom. Finding out that I wasn't out doing beach sports such as surfing, body boarding and playing volleyball surprised him however. Doesn't he know me? The only way I'd be jogging on the sand is if my ISO was running in front of me in really short shorts and nothing else. :) A jackass but nice eye-candy. I told him so and he laughed readily, calling me a perv. Was that new to him too?

Beach games


Sports is my ISO's thing. Definitely not mine. My idea of relaxing is.. well, lying on the beach doing absolutely nothing. He relaxes by climbing mountains and running mindlessly down empty roads. He's been after me to join a gym since we first met. Don't get me wrong, I know the benefits of working out. Other than maintaining superficial qualities such as my looks and my gaydar ratings, I also know the benefits from a medical point of view.

It just bores me without a partner to go with. I look at those dedicated muscle jocks working hard and I wonder what they're thinking about. Are their minds a blank slate, a zen-like pool of serenity? While I'm jogging or pumping or whatever, my mind is filled with a million questions... such as...
a) What the hell do I get for dinner? Steak looks great but it would totally undermine the workout..
b) I wonder whether Mrs X would make it through her dialysis. Is she long for the world?
c) How the heck does that guy get those huge muscles? Are those veins gonna blow?
d) What's on TV tonight? Is that hot Sawyer character gonna take off his shirt in Lost?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Once you actually get started on a fitness regime, it also helps to eat right. Let's face it, I've been to nutrition classes and I know exactly what we should or shouldn't eat. But if I have to live like an ascetic on nuts, berries and leaves like a koala bear, I'd rather ( well, let's not overdramatize and say die ... ) but I'd rather be fat and happy with fries and the occasional McShake. :)

4 comments:

savante said...

Rapatu, I'm just as bad as you. I once walked down the length of Orachrd Road in Singapore... from Tangs all the way down to the Annex - all just to follow this really sexy guy with an amazing ass in track pants. BTW, I did get his number :)

Paul

savante said...

Jason, the guys on Lost are hot. The kind of men you wouldn't mind getting stranded on a desert island for :) Haven't seen them get sweaty and naked yet though.

Paul

Joe said...

I have to say that jogging on the sand is awful. but following a hot jogger on the sand is a different sport all together. :)

savante said...

Jason, I think they just haven't had the time in Lost to get naked yet. But I have my fingers crossed.

Jogging with a target in mind works. Especially if the target looks great in short shorts.

Paul