Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sleepdecorating

Yawning quite a lot at work these days.

Not that I'm necessarily overworked since I've never been quite as idle before. With shockingly competent deputies at hand, it seems I've been rendered nearly superfluous. Certainly a leisurely stroll in the park compared to my last hectic job.

But don't tell anyone I said that :)

So it has left me plenty of hours to kill. While my placid boyfriend would probably advocate hours of bedrest, I simply need to get busy. Idle hands are the devil's workshop after all. Freakish when left to my own devices, I start planning all sorts of shockingly complex DIY projects for the home and for the office. Cheap, serviceable knick knacks cobbled together from the various thrifty dime stores around. Enough projects to fill up most of my waking hours.

And as it turns out, a couple of my sleeping ones as well!

Paul Walker
Man, I really should paint the walls!

Ever got up in the middle of the night with the sense that something was missing? That something needed to be done?

Well this morning I woke up in the middle of the night simply energized. Just had to get straight up and paint the guest bedroom. At half hour past midnight. And that's not counting the last night that I rolled out of bed to rearrange the charming footstools downstairs in the living room. And then repotted the overgrown houseplant that threatened to spill out on the hallway console.

Then I painted pink cherry blossoms on the guest bedroom lamp.

Before wallpapering the bathroom mirror.

Seriously. Worked up a sweat even before 5 in the morning. Certainly not the best reason to sweat in the early hours but since there's a lack of sexy studs in my bed, this will have to do.

Hence my endless yawns now. And my desperate need for caffeine.

6 comments:

dheep said...

an after effect of workaholic syndrome?

Janvier said...

We remember once when we were about to sleep then had the urge to rename everyone in our contact list by their full name!

Kenny Mah said...

Well, I did get up once in the middle of the night and redecorated my whole bedroom - like moving entire pieces of large furniture around into new positions - methinks by 6:00am I woke up half my neighbours.

Ah well, they lose some sleep, I get a new layout. I win! :D

Twilight Man said...

So ngam! I've just emerged from similar routine! I just moved home.

sharman said...

quite the nocturnal aren't u? hehehe... at least productive in one sense :P

savante said...

POssibly! Obviously being utterly idle doesn't agree with me fundamentally, dheepan.

I think I did that once while I was waiting for my car, janvier.

Now that's something I do quite often actually. You just get the best ideas during sleep, life :)

Time to redecorate then, twilight! What have you done!

Wish I could be more productive in other sense but it's a sexual drought here, sharman.

P