Tuesday, August 04, 2009

That One Night Stand

So what's your stand on it?

Certainly an issue that most of the girls I know have an unequivocal response. Straight fellas out there, take note, I'm telling you most of these modern Miss Independents wouldn't stand for such adulterous affaires. Far from being irreplaceable in their lives, your shirts, shoes and gym bags would be tossed out on the lawn before you know it.

Lorelei : Never! If he cheats on me, I would raise the very oceans to smother him in my boundless fury.
Paul : Wow. Angry much?
Lorelei : All the creatures of the sea would wage war on him to claim my vengeance. They would feast on his flesh.
Paul : It's only a cheap one-night-stand. Probably means nothing.
Lorelei : It means everything!

Hell certainly hath no fury like a sea urchin scorned. Watch out sushi bars.

Leaning
Umm. Hope my boyfriend's not seeing this shot.

For the guys though, it's surprisingly not as clear-cut. Though I reckon there are younger, more idealistic fellas who would rant and rave over a mild flirtation. Even winking after getting dust in the eye could cause a minor relationship squabble. Then there are those who actually enjoy - and demand - a bit of irrational jealousy.

Girl : You see that cute fella? He asked me out but I said no.
Boy : Eh.
Girl : Why aren't you just the lil bit jealous! He was flirting with me!
Boy : Eh.

Odd those.

Perhaps it's age, maturity or higher tolerance but even I have changed my stand on the issue of infidelity.

Maybe I used to say the same in my fiery youth - that I'd probably huff off in a insensible fit of anger and I actually did so once upon a time - but after looking back in retrospect, I realize that I could have been a little hasty. Perhaps weighed my options instead of throwing away all I had with my ex.

Sex is sex. I don't think guys out there equate sex with emotions such as love and adoration. I certainly don't. So a drunken one-night-stand? That's just smacks, sweat and semen. I'd probably be more pissed if he'd had a long-term internet affair where he's shared his ideas and thoughts.

Then surprisingly Charming Calvin - that staunch conservative - agreed with me!

Hmm. And this is a fellow who gets stalked by lusty geriatrics in the local clinics. Should I be suspicious?

11 comments:

V said...

agreed!

sex is sex~ :)

Alex said...

be very suspicious. lol!

Anonymous said...

well for me, im cool with my partner to have ons, its ok as long as it only happens on rare occasion. as for myself, i wish i wont have it for my future relationship, though i dun have that confidence :P

Day said...

I think you have nothing to worry about lusty geriatrics. Aha! You make me crack into laughter! o(∩_∩)o

M said...

Ermmm IMO, ONS is only for those who is able to fuck without having any feelings or any after sex attachments.

I'm unable to do so, so never tried ONS before...bleh...

But apparently nowadays ONS has evolved to being fuck buddies/booty call whatever you wanna call it

I'm ok with singles going for ONS at least they aren't breaking any commitments but if someone who is attached does ONS with the most common excuse of "I was drunk" or "We were on a break"... I'll just ask them to fuck themselves and get out from my life :)

MrBunnyBan said...

Your bf is an uncle magnet?...

pojaya said...

I agree with your sentiments.

I do feel more relaxed regarding the boundaries of a relationship, with time and age.

Having now gone past the ten year mark with my partner, I don't see how a bit of flirting, or touchy-feely with another man would change the fundamentals of what I have with my partner. It is so much more now about companionship, growing together.

A bit of fun is just that, a bit of fun.

quicksilverlining said...

while my official stance is that he can do whatever it is he wants, it's also a well known fact that i don't share. i can't even share bathrooms lah.

as for me, probably don't have the sex drive to consider it.

Janvier said...

He's being stalked!

Clayden L. said...

agreed with Queen B! :P

cYiD said...

i'll comment on something unrelated!
cool new banner... :D