Monday, August 17, 2009

Gilmore Boys

Obviously staying alone in a country house can lead to blue melancholia.

Made even worse by a major saccharine dose of Gilmore Girls.

Not that the award-winning drama series is in any way morbidly depressing but the affectionate familiarity shared between the Gilmore Girls only makes me nostalgic. The quick snappy banter with endless run-on sentences full of fancy bombastic words between the main protagonists only reminds me of my friend.


An old friend of mine actually.

You know how it is when you know someone well enough that you complete each other's sentences? Someone who automatically understands all the obscure pop-cultural references you make without asking for an explanation? When the words start falling out so fast that to others listening in it seems as if you're both rambling endlessly?

So very in sync. I miss that.

And yes, I do miss my ISO. Bastard that he is.

Milo and Jared
Boys from Gilmore Girls

Seems like it's been months since I've seen him when it's actually been a month. Obviously boredom ( and the bucolic life ) is driving me batty.

Or it could be the haze.

Paul : What you doing?
My ISO : Hotwiring a stolen car. Thinking of robbing a bank.
Paul : Lucky you. I'm riding a wild elephant through the Borneo jungles.
My ISO : You're not doing anything in that bumfuck village. Bored stiff yet?
Paul : Guessed that right.
My ISO : So what's up with the transchinasea call?
Paul : Well I'm bored and I missed you.
MY ISO : OMG. Did I hear right? Did I just get a brain aneurysm? Sentimentality from you?
Paul : Shucks, I blame the fresh country air.
My ISO : Waitaminute, do I hear the Gilmore Girls theme behind you? Awwww.
Paul : Shut up.

It's all good fun.

4 comments:

William said...

I miss your ISO!

nase said...

I miss mine too.....

cYiD said...

lol...
too kawaii la paul!

savante said...

So do I, william! But he's barely a call away.

You can call him too, nase!

Oh definitely, cYiD.

P