Monday, May 25, 2009

Glee

High school can be cruel.

Just witness the number of tragi-comedies set in that particular milieu with catty cliques from different orders of the social hierarchy declaring war on one another.

Not sure where I would have fit in. Never was the most popular frat boy in school, not the brash jock nor the artsy freak in black. Just a regular joe with my own clique of friends. As the token fag in an all boys school, you'd expect that I'd be humiliated, taunted and spray-painted by the homophobes but I wasn't. No doubt due to my general likeability factor - and that streak of mean underlying it all :)

Glee
Now who should we stuff in the locker?

Oddly enough I was even voted class monitor.

Had me wondering whether I'd be friends with the ones I know now way back in school. Or would we all be sworn enemies glaring balefully at each other across the tables during recess?

Or would I have ordered a hit and had them flushed with a swirlie in the toilet?

Think I'd probably have tons in common with Janvier - since we do share similar backgrounds and experiences. I might have passed as a mean boy though. No doubt Jaunty Jared would be the perennially helpful, perky goody-two-shoes involved in every event in school - the one who'd probably offer a mild scold over the nasty remarks I make. Especially when I keep making fun of the saving-the-world antics of environmental green freak, Lanky Lex.

And Charming Calvin would definitely be the nerdy band geek I'd filch lunch money from.

Somehow I seriously doubt we'd all share a table during recess.

But I guess we would all have something in common. The choir club :)


Terribly gay but true. No doubt music would be the one thing we all had in common despite our outward differences. Kinda like the kids on Glee.

Think of every cliched stereotype you have in high school - from the dumb jock to the screeching diva - and lump them all together in one glee club. If you haven't seen this fab series, make sure you catch at least the excellent Rehab remix - done by a rival glee club - shown here.

Hmm. Would still have stuffed Calvin in his locker if he had one. :)

8 comments:

Janvier said...

We'd both be swapping books, definitely, but you'd be joining way more societies than we would!

And we're midway through the pilot of Glee, and getting our quota of half naked boys already.

V said...

we were...well, still queen b in high school;

we were everything but we never did join the theathre or the choir; so totally not our field~ xD

cYiD said...

lol...
i'd probably be the human form of gossip guy of the batch on campus...
hahahahaha... I didn't really notice much cliques...
but the prominent ones would be the prefects and the PRSs...

everything so tempting, espcially in the mids of exams!
GLEE looks hella great! thanx for pointing it out...
would never have discovered it on my own! lol...

(goes off to study histology)

Legolas said...

I will not be subjected to locker treatment and you would not allowed to behave like that if you were in my class.

Perky said...

OMFG! That's an awesome clip! I'm very impressed indeed. Now i'll be spending days Google-ing it :)

Chris said...

I miss my high school time~~

savante said...

I'm sure you'd be joining quite as many societies as me! You gotta fulfil at least half your personalities! :)

Well I was the freak who joind everything, B :)

Unfortunately the next episode of Glee only comes in the fall, cYiD!

Doubt anyone wants it when they get stuffed in the locker, legs!

Get a download and watch, perky. Just hope it doesn't lose steam.

At times so do I, Chris. But it's always nice to have some spending money.

P

Conundrum said...

Glee is FANTASTIC!! Can't wait for the next episode~~ huhuhihihi!