Saturday, September 22, 2007

Five for Fighting

Already been tagged twice for this famous five meme so since I've been trying to wean myself off the entire recent Zac Efron obsession, I've decided try this out.

Luke McFarlane
You wanna know all these about lil old me? Aww shucks, you're making me blush...

Five Things in my Bag
1) My faithful tho barely serviceable stethoscope! Need to get a new one
2) A thumb drive full of my mini lectures
3) Several mystery novels to while away the time
4) Hairspray Soundtrack
5) Umbrella so that when it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other... you can stand under my umbrella

Five Things in my Wallet
1) Usual paraphernalia of identification cards, driver's license, credit cards...
2) Every favoured client membership card you can possibly think of from Isetan to Parkson... to Rock Corner to Papier...
3) Bunch of old chinese coins strung together with red thread for esoteric feng shui purposes...
4) American dollars surprisingly hidden in the flap - ever ready
5) Medical Association Membership Card - for proof of my secret identity in case I wanna run around resuscitating drowning folks or rescuing accident victims

Five Things I Like most in my Room
1) My glittery, shiny posh Indian peacock blue bedspread with silver threads...
2) My carved deep green cabinet from Bali - that I bargained hard for and got it for dirt-cheap by our standards. Bet it's even cheaper for the locals
3) The Burmese teak cabinet my ISO and I dragged back one antique-ing weekend
4) My laptop of course - and the internet connexion
5) The desperately cute lil television I bought to match the cabinet - barely larger than 20 inches but I purposely chose a small one

Five Things I'd like to Do
1) Chris Evans / Brandon Routh / Zac Efron - whether singly or all three together, I don't mind either :P
2) Travel to the places on my Blue List
3) Learn how to dance - somehow never got the finishing this!
4) Attempt my scrapbook by the end of the year
5) Perform on stage ( no equus-like dirty dancing with horses or other assorted farm animals though ) with the spotlights with an extraodinarily lenient audience :P

Five Things I’m Doing Now
1) Well typing this blog obviously
2) Reading through journals for my presentation - possibly something on bacterial contamination
3) Listening to Hairspray
4) Drinking my rationed cup of coffee and some croissants
5) Chatting to a sleepy Charming Calvin in his Beijing office - isn't technology amazing?

Luke McFarlane
Life's too unpredictable to look too far into the future. Who knows, I might even be in the army!

Five Things I'm Looking Forward To
1) Tomorrow when my workday ends at 8 in the morning! Hallelujah!
2) My movie date with the nicest kids in town - possibly a replay of Love and Honor
3) Christmas!! Well my tree's still up embarassingly enough since I've been too lazy - and far too tired - on the weekends to take it down. Gonna switch the ornaments though
4) Calvin's return from Beijing - hopefully none the worse for wear
5) Finishing my exams in another two years - and then taking a long, long break

No tags. It's a cute meme. Do it if you want to, no strings attached :) After all, it's always interesting to find out what's actually going on in your mind. Would force Calvin to do it but he's just gonna cry about being overworked by the mainland Chinese. As it is, he's already dying to get back home.

Calvin : Can't wait to leave Beijing.
Paul : Ooh get me the Hairspray 'Shake and Shimmy' Edition DVD for Christmas!
Calvin : Get me a condo for Christmas!
Paul : No problem, sugarbuns. I'll get you Barbie's Li'l Beachside Condo with swaying palm trees included.
Calvin : Then you get Barbie's Hairspray DVD.

See. He does dry humour in Beijing.

16 comments:

David The Man said...

Hey, see who's blogging at this time of the day? By the way, you have been tagged in my blog! Hehehe...

conan_cat said...

aww i haven't watch hairspray yet lor, i wanna watch!! :D looks like you really enjoyed the show hehe...

and ur secret identity XD sounds like superman or something lol...

"i'm the medical doctor super-paul here to save your day! *insert goofy laugh here*"

what a sight.

Anonymous said...

I second the Barbie Hairspray DVD! :D

gorjess said...

hey thanks for visiting justabouteverything. yes me too im excited to see the chinese baby hehe but not only we are seeing their adopted chinese baby charlotte will be havin their real baby too.

Qtheconqueror said...

Holy crap. A fellow Hairspray addict!

I just love Lady's Choice! And yes Zac Efron, I won't return you to the shelf. Got addicted to Nicest Kids in Town as well. Hahaha.

akihisa said...

Hey Paul! How are ya doin? Boy, I haven't been here in AGES! Sorry about that. ;p

Like you, I would DO Chris Evans ANY freakin day!!! His jock-ish grin (plus that furry sexy body of his, of course!!) gets me every time. But, your fascination for this IT twink in Hollywood now is beyond me. I'm sure you must be salivating at his Rolling Stone cover, right?!! Bila lah pulak you're into anak ikan ni?!!!! LOL!!!

adrien said...

a stethsocope? mystery novels? soundtrack? UMBRELLA!?

how big is your WALLET anyway? lol (wouldn't allow this cut-paste mistake go to "waist" lol)

Ganymede said...

A scrapbook. This I must see. :P

mstpbound said...

waaaait what do you mean your christmas tree is STILL UP? You mean it's been up since December 2006!?!?!??!?!

Imeku said...

You are sure one prolific writer. I have reading from one post to another via the link scattered all over your blogs until I lost track.

Janvier said...

Hahaha we too would like to do Chris Evans! Or by Adam Levine! :P

His lab coat probably might be his actual wallet. :S

Anonymous said...

Chris Evans. Hm.

Shave off the body hair and we'll talk. 'Cos like hair kinda grosses me out. Heh.

Dylan said...

wow, u're a doctor? cool, nice to know u! thanks for ur comment. Actually could u read chinese? Or speak? Seem u're english educated.

Kihu said...

uhmnnn huh is hairspray really that great? soundtrack, dvd .. sounds like u love it soo much.. uhmnn haven't watch yet.. cause zac not really my type ahaha

Ryan said...

I am downloading hairspray... few more minutes to complete. Should be able to watch it in a few more minutes!

savante said...

Not that late yet, david :)

Definitely watch Hairspray! It's great, conan!

Get the real thing. Original, shane. And no barbie.

Imagine the posh clothes the baby would wear, gorjess.

Finally! Someone who loves Hairspray as much as I do, q!

Where have you been, akihisa!

Changed it as soon as you mentioned it, adrien :P

Wait till I finish it, queer rant.

Amazing but true, mstpbound!

I'm amazed myself sometimes, imeku. I start relaly short and then start writing till it seems like I've written several encyclopaedias.

True. But I don't lug the coat around with me, janvier.

But Chris doesn't have that much chest hair.. just a sexy sprinkling, paul!

yeah, english ed, dylan :)

Watch it and you'll be converted, famezgay!

Why download! Go ori, ryan!

Paul