Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Beijing VI : The Sun Also Rises

Well that's what I expected this morning.

Unfortunately what I saw out the apartment balcony this mornng was a faint glimmer of light obscured by dense yellow-tinted clouds of pollution. Even the towering steel-and-stone skyscrapers of Jianguomen were hidden from view. Obviously a brief reminder of the annual sandstorms that regularly sweep over Beijing in spring.

Old World
What should I do today?

Still, a bit of dust and sand failed to deter me on my last day in Beijing. After all I still had some shopping to be done - and hell I needed an extra bag to keep all my goods. :P Tagged down every major department store on the map, wrote them all in Chinese and covered them all in a shopping marathon reminiscent of the Amazing Race.

In between ancient pharmacies, tourist traps and touts yelling in broken English, I managed to find time for another bite of Peking Duck. Came with an extra side of hot chrysanthemum tea that I struggled to finish even as the friendly waiter practised his stammering English with me ( after spending some time trying his best to understand my pidgin Mandarin ). I didn't mind though. After all I had the entire day, free flow of tea and the Beijing Boy was cute enough.

Waiter : You come from out of this country?
Paul : Yes.
Waiter : Singapore? Australia?
Paul : From Malaysia actually. How about you?
Waiter : I come from Liaoning Province. East of Beijing. You hear of this place?
Paul : Hear of it? No matter where you come from, right now I'd like to pack you in a delivery box and fedex you home.
Waiter : What? What did you say?

Nothing too wild. I didn't even try hard to proposition the earnest boy - though I was half-tempted to do so after learning the wicked decadent ways of the ladies from the Peony Pavilion. Certainly an interesting ( and highly seductive ) way to play Chinese poker.


Isn't the actor delicious? WHo wouldn't want to get him naked? I could just bite him.
Someone tell me who's the cutie!

Just a leisurely afternoon chatting with a pretty boy from Liaoning. Seemed like the perfect way to end my last day in Beijing.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Ah yes, the old shopper's trick; pack and empty bag in your luggage. But, what else did you buy??? You obviously did not succeed in seducing the cute boy, so do report on what you ARE bringing home.

Jason said...

The Liaoning boy look like the actor? Freaking hawt, I want!

Anonymous said...

The cute twink is probably Zhao Zi Gang. FYI, Daniel Wu the hunk is also in the movie. This movie shouts some great actors and actresses too.

BTW, did you manage to grab a pic of the Liaoning boy? :-)

tiggahtigz said...

Cute boy :)

BTW, I've just now updated my blogroll for the first time in forever and I've added you to my list. I love your blog :)

cheers!

-tigz

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Long time no see. Sorry bro :) how you? So you in Beijing ha? Fantabulouso! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Me brother's coming back soon!

Ganymede said...

Did you bring back China boys for me? :P

J.L said...

ish so lucky. Fedex to my house. Warp him up

savante said...

Well read my next post then, sue :)

He does look pretty cute, jason. Seriously, I would rather bite into him than the duck and that's saying a lot.

Not sure who he is. But the pics I found for Zhao Zigang is someone else, boy.

Thanks, tiggah!

Glad to see you around, nigel!

Thanks, erik. Will go take a look.

Yeah, back already. So tired of having China block blogger, shane.

Wish I could have space for my own Beijing Boy, queer rant!

Tried. Too big and exceeded the weight limit, chester :P

Paul