Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Road Hog

I'm a bad driver.

Really. As opposed to the faintly slanderous adage that lady drivers are the worst ever, I can honestly admit that I might be just a shade more dangerous than them. Not that I drive recklessly along the highways gunning down little children and old ladies hobbling helplessly across the road of course - though underaged kids careering mindlessly on motorcycles had better watch out if I ever run amuck!

Although I can't say that I blame them. There's nothing like letting loose on the road for once and... well, let me explain, I drive a small, compact little Honda car that's a smooth, easy ride. Since it's also a little low on the ground, it always irks Big Bicep Barry when he has to stoop to get inside so we decided to try his ride for once. For the uninitiated, the man drives a huge, black, hulking SUV which matches his bigger bulk - he claims it's essentially for his work but I think the coolness quotient had to be factored in. After all that battleship he drives guzzles up oil like Saddam was never ousted and squats like a mountain slammed onto the side of the road.

Barry : Here, take it.
Paul : You have gotta be kidding. It's so big!
Barry : Don't worry. I'm sure you can handle something this size easily.
Paul : That's what they always say!
Barry : Just take the keys and let's get going.
Paul : Fine. Just don't blame me if I hit the fender on a pillar or something.

Took a while to acclimatize to the thinner air up in his SUV after climbing up the steps. Let me tell you that maneuvering a freaking tank down the road is certainly an experience. Nothing like looking down from a superior height at the dinky cars driving beside - knowing that you could probably nudge them aside into the drain so terribly easily. Yeah, I'm a monster on the road. I know.

Let's go for a drive...
Roam if you want too...

After several death-defying Hollywood stunts as I road-hogged my way through the town - including a John Woo extravaganza as the nifty vehicle sailed over Malacca River after a bump on the bridge had us literally airborne for at least 4 seconds - a visibly shaken Barry reached over and held my hand down on the wheel. Trust me, all those workouts have given him really strong hands. Rather than a lewd proposal, all he had to say was this.

Barry : At least let me die after my dinner.

20 comments:

Zemien said...

*gasp!* he grabbed your hand?

Insist on driving his SUV again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Paul talking about the "RIDE". :-) I am aboslutely sure you can ride something better. :-) And i am glad you are still alive. Whew.

Jushie said...

Oh wow! Can you take me for a ride too? In your big, monstrous... ;)

Sue said...

All my life I have driven Volkswagon rabbits and golfs (very mileage conscious). When I stopped commuting, I decided to get a Jeep Wrangler. I know what you mean about sitting up high and looking down at all the little vehicles below. Also, I feel free to drive off the road, around traffic.

So, You pinched Barry's nipple, Barry grabbed your hand. What do you think is the next step and where should it take place? Hand on a thigh in the boudoir perhaps?

savante said...

It was more like crushed my hand, zemien :)

Thanks, shigeki. Wished I had a better 'ride'.

No problem, Jushie. Just get over here.

Well, will keep you guys posted, sue :)

Paul

Anonymous said...

Had you stopped with these four lines, it's a totally different story altogether...

Barry : Here, take it.
Paul : You have gotta be kidding. It's so big!
Barry : Don't worry. I'm sure you can handle something this size easily.
Paul : That's what they always say!

That made my day! Take care driving, Paul! Or was that a tactic to scare the bejeezus out of BBB and let him hang on to your arm for his dear life? :-) See ya soon!

canardbidon said...

oh i'm a hopeless driver as well... but of course it is so much nicer having a guy drive you around

haha

Anonymous said...

awww...man if that aint just the perfect pic of the gay couple!!holding hands while driving to dinner!!!please tell me you went necking afterwards in that big all chunk of a car!!whats the use of having all that space if you cant have sex in it!!

Matt. K. said...

"Barry : Here, take it.
Paul : You have gotta be kidding. It's so big!
Barry : Don't worry. I'm sure you can handle something this size easily.
Paul : That's what they always say!"

That's funny! I can imagine it, literally, happening. Like a scene from a movie. It's not a surprise for somone as big as BBB to drive a SUV adding to his coolness quotient. I mean, from the sound of it, he could be a perfect boyfriend. The rich kind of guy who spoils you and loves you like he loves nothing else besides having such a big hunky body to cuddle you when you sleep at night.

Oooh, I'm being imaginative again!

You don't want him? I'll take.

Wait... no wonder my friends call me the "boy thief".

Oh ya, and please be careful on the road. We don't wanna see people get runned down by you, not especially when you're running amuck!

"Drive safely, remember your loved ones."

Anonymous said...

For God sake, it is ONLY a car!!!! Not a Cock!!! Just swallo...w... opppsss... drive it!!!

rgds
shine

MrBunnyBan said...

So...do I drve too slow or do you drive too fast? ;)

quicksilverlining said...

aw man. i so need to get a car...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA your driving is as scary as my young friend, everytime he takes my car for a spin, I have to go, slow down, not so fast, careful, hmmm....sounds familiar....hahahha...

okie..mind was diverted elsewhere for a moment.....but I can honestly say..it can be really fun scaring those puny Malaysian Manufactured cars off the road..in my SUV...especially when they have such inferiority complex that they tend to speed away like mad....how i wish at times I drive a tractor where I can just lift those annoying cars off the road and deposit them in the drain......

Anonymous said...

Paul..what a transition from driving CITY to a SUV.

Do you know why Barry said like that..cause if you can handle his SUV carefully, mean you can handle him in the same manner as well.

That is why he metaphorically said "Don't worry. I'm sure you can handle something this size easily"

But glad to know he also worried about his dinner ;) that guy got soul.

Lifebook said...

So agree with Mark.. Well done Paul.

hrugaar said...

Yup, Barry's car (truck) has the horn factor. You need to go for a really long ride in it. Heck, now I'm sarting to want him to give me a good ride when I visit ... ;oP

Cute guys in the car in the pic.

Anonymous said...

I have sex in the car twice..the same car that you driving now Paul ;)

u should do the same...

Musang said...

LOL.

maybe pakcik was right, he said that metaphorically. that you can handle him well.

and doc, you should give him the ride he will never forget ASAP. i mean, no NORMAL guy would reach over and grab your hand just to say "at least let me die after dinner." no.

barry must be in a very very deep closet.

savante said...

Damn, mark, I should have scared him even more!

Somehow or rather, canard, I prefer to do the driving :P I'm more the active type...

Hardly holding hands, g_c. More like getting my circulation crushed :)

Will drive carefully, matt!

Shine, will drive properly - and swallow carefully too :P

Daniel, you drive too slow - hardly like a rabbit down a hole.

Get the car, quicksilverlining.

quavadis, I empathise with the murderous thoughts. Wish I had a large tank to drive around too.

Pakcik, that guy got soul? :O

Thanks, lifebook.

Guys in the car are from Supernatural, ru!

paul

hrugaar said...

Supernatural eh? Yeah, I remember you've blogged about that before. Okay, think I'm in lust now ... ;oP