Friday, April 07, 2006

Our neighbourhood clubkid

Two days is certainly long enough to get over my earlier transformation into the mindless sex-crazed beast and today I even managed to have a civil conversation with a cute guy without even fantasizing for a minute about dragging him over the lunch table for a quick bite. Thankfully, normal working hours with a lot more breathing space gives me the time and energy to turn away from the dark side - therefore enabling the return of my more sedate, conservative ( certainly less sex-obsessed ) alter ego.

Back to the usual


Due to some scheduling conflicts, the odd circumstances at work have led to me and Handsome Hui sharing our daily lunch together this week and I've certainly taken the time to know the kid better. Needless to say, the desperate secrets pouring out would make Betty Applewhite seem almost boring. I'm sure everyone has their own dark, wicked sides and it's certainly no different for our boy here but what he confided in me stunned me. For a guy who maintains such a wholesome, all-Malaysian boy persona at work, no one could possibly guess that the weekend nights transforms him into a hip-shaking, booze-swilling clubkid.

Certainly comes as a surprise to me since I can't imagine anything more terrifying than heaps of sweaty, shirtless men packed to the brim in a steamy, smoky nightclub with the thumpa-thumpa music pounding in my ears. Talk about claustrophobic. No doubt I'd probably be raising my hand - not to enact the classic Travolta move but to be carried out of the heaving, steaming mass of manflesh and miles away from the techno-tronic hung-up disco divas with the hips that don't lie. Sure, you might wonder at my sudden sophomoric squeamishness over discos and loud music but lemme put it this way. Mindless marine orgies might sound fine in theory but after a while, the grunting, the sweating and the tangled limbs can get real old - and oddly enough I think I'd prefer a one-on-one encounter after all :) Just Chris Evans would do, pretty please.

Does that make me sound old? Stunned by my sudden old-fogey words, Hui certainly stared at me when I told him my own version of a nice outing. A handful of guys on a couch ( not in an entangled, half-naked jumble of muscular limbs on the couch as you'd expect but seated sedately in public ). Muted jazz in the background. Caffeine and light snacks. A little understated dive by the riverside.

You know what. I think that makes me officially an aging adult - and I actually don't mind all that much.

15 comments:

quicksilverlining said...

it's called refined tastes, lolz.

i, on the other hand, can't get ANY sort of action whatsoever, and i do mean ANY, despite all the advantage of youth. sigh.

Wild Reeds said...

Awww... that's so sweet. You're such a good boy!

Sue said...

I guess what I would choose would depend on my mood that day. :) Party vs. adult.

Anonymous said...

If it's aging you say, then I say "aging with grace". Or it's just that you have more refined tastes, you're of the wine-tipping, languid-lounging set. And I'd always prefer that over a circuit kid.

Just Me said...

I would mindthe marines, send them my way.

Anonymous said...

ohh you aint alone buddy!!!its just weird that you chose to write about that since i just wrote about that too!!one of my favourite lines was "im a simple gal,and simple gal likes simple pals" ..ill take a homey cudly boyfriend over a bar hoppin one anyday!!

hrugaar said...

No Paul, don't think it makes you sound old. I was never good at dealing with crowds, with me it's a function of physical temperament rather than age.

Thoug actually the half-naked jumble of muscular limbs on the couch doesn't sound so bad. ;oP

Matt. K. said...

Yeah, refined tastes. Couldn't agree more. You're definitely not alone! I have the same idea of a nice outing. Well, a little different I assume. The *idea basically reads out the word, peaceful, calm, comfy... and sensual, perhaps?? ;-).

"Mindless marine orgies might sound fine in theory but after a while, the grunting, the sweating and the tangled limbs can get real old - and oddly enough I think I'd prefer a one-on-one encounter after all". It really get's old after sometimes, huh?

Anyway, if it's really aging, well, I'd have to agree with mark, you're aging with grace!! I'm happy that you're happy!!

*read my posts entitled "How's School" to get a little bit of idea. LOL.

AJ said...

You I've been having a similar dillema, where I want to do the orgy but at the same time I want the intimacy of friends on the sofa... Hard to strike a balance, and I do tend to be mood-driven...

AJ said...

did I forget an & between you & I?
Just goes to show that we should be closer, Paul... :oP

GD said...

How I wish I had a boyfriend like you, Paul.

Jushie said...

Lol...just as you said you tried not to think about sex, there you go again, mentioning about dragging Handsome Hui across the table. Oh well..9 seconds...

Anonymous said...

I'm 24, and I'd take your mellow little understated dive by the riverside any day.

Cooper

canardbidon said...

no need to feel shy about being a sex starved beast on the prowl!

savante said...

Thanks, quicksilverlining :) At least it's refined and not aged!

Wildreeds... good boys should be a commodity!

Nah, wild parties... just not made for them, I guess, sue.

Wine-tipping, languid lounging sounds so... oddly French, mark.

Let me try them out first to compare, cr :)

g-c, great minds think alike!

But can you imagine the mess it would make, ru! naked jumbles usually leave a helluva cleaning headache.

Will take a look, Matt!

Depressing, ain't it AJ?

Anonymator, I wish someone had me as a boyfriend too :)

With that body, Jushie, surely someone is thinkin of dragging you across the table too!

Come over for a drink then, Coop!

It is shy, canard when I haven't had the opportunity in months!

Paul