Saturday, April 01, 2006

Men who lunch

Certainly nothing like being a man of leisure - which certainly warrants my shameless search for a sugar daddy :) It's just such a pleasure to be able to hike my way down to the nearest Starbucks in the morning, laze around with my caffe mocha ( only one cup a day due to my strict caffeine embargo ) and just watch the working men rush about in their suits and ties. Doesn't happen all that often since I'm usually caught in the hospital during working hours.

When I'm watching the world go by, I frequently make up fantastical stories for the people who go by. It has become quite the past-time for me since it gets my incipient creative juices flowing. Like the fashionista pushing the pram hurriedly while she blathers on in her Nokia handphone - surely a lady of leisure / desperate housewife, or even the kept mistress of some reclusive businessman bringing her illegitimate spawn for a makeover! Or even that elderly man shuffling through the corridors clutching his bag - could he be carrying the Da Vinci Code to some secret assignation?

Zipping byOf course any sort of made-up stories comes to a standstill when it comes to young, virile men zipping about in their suits. Then it's time to stop, dream and imagine all kinds of possibilities. Recurring sexual fantasies in less than ten seconds, surely.

And it amazes me that so many hot men remain in this gastronomical paradise of Penang. Surely by now, all the cholesterol-laden wonders of laksa and fried kway teow would have put their trim waists into near extinction. As I watch endless six-packs stroll by, that doesn't seem to be the case however which places me in deep envy. How the hell do they do it? Bulimia? Liposuction?

Still, all this warranted an exchange last night with a friend of mine ( who eschews food after 9 - or was that 8? ).

Paul : I'm taking supper close to midnight. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Barry : Terrified. I'm cowering now.
Paul : Fried oysters. Char kway teow with duck eggs.
Barry : Omigod. Stop in the name of your waistline!

20 comments:

Matt. K. said...

Me too like to sit around lazily at the cafe and watch the world go by and look at people, studying them, making up stories about them or just good ol' bitching about their fashion and actions!! It's a habit that I can't get rid off!!

And I've gotta agree with you, there are quite an uncountable number of hot men in Penang itself (cause I'm still looking towards some French foreigner who'd sweep me off my feet with his romantic-ness!). I can't keep my expectations high!!

But endless six packs stroll by? Now I'm not half that lucky as you!! I bet most of them go to gym. I see alot of them at the gym I go to. Hardly hear men choosing bulimia or liposuction in Penang. It's too expensive anyway. Get hooked up with a good gym and a personal trainer who has hot fiery eyes, I'd say! That'll keep Penangites in good shape!!

Good to know you're enjoying yourself in Penang!!

quicksilverlining said...

ohoh! me too! of course, i usually place something more realistic and inherently darking into view. like who knows that young stud making out with that hot chick in the corner could actually be related? gawd!

endless six packs? that's a whole lotta beer, lolz.

Jason said...

I once saw on a tele porgram that had liposuction on the stomach area for men. They grafted (don't know if this is the right word for it but anyway) the fat out into a six pack looking stomach. So if those ah beng penangnites/islanders you were looking are rich, then I have succesfully solved your dilema of how they get nice six packs!

Matt. K. said...

Doesn't that sound like abs transplant?? I heard of abs transplants before, in Queer As Folk, episode 2, season 2, I think.

Anonymous said...

Did the Barry really say that last line? Me thinks it's so gay. It's like Carrie's "Swear it on Chanel." :-) You're this close, Paul. This close!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, BBB likes your waistline as is....if that boy isn't gay and interested in you the world is flat.

Wild Reeds said...

When's the next flat out to Penang :-)
Speaking of idle fantasy games, how many of you play the "Whom I would least mind sleeping with" fantasy game in subway trains?

hrugaar said...

Maybe because the guys live in the gastronomical paradise, as opposed to just visiting, they can spread out their cholesterol intake and do calorie counting so things don't get out of hand. Or else bulimia sounds the way to go. :oD

Yeah, I'm sure watching all those cute passers by got your (protein rich) 'creative juices' flowing nicely, you naughty boy. ;oP

Sue said...

You could try decaf caffe mocha, if they have it there. It's not too bad. I am totally decaf now.

So, you picture BBB tying you up, and then?

Check out my blog today; have trip to Malaysia posted. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

walao... which starbucks were u at?
lolx, well looking at the rate of gyms mushrooming around pg should attest to the fact that the local crowd is getting more health-conscious (god have mercy on those with ulterior motives)

ah gym is getting the limelight hype these days. and man, i see the SAME faces at the gym EVERYDAY! oops, does that mean i am a gym-bunny too?

ah i have been an avid reader of ur blog erm for a few months now. and i am leaving my teens already. bummer.

be well.

Unknown said...

Had my own imaginative moment today as I thought of the cute guy at the corner that he might be my prince charming.. you know, with glass slipper and everything.. but it was just a daydream, surely because of the unusual sunshine over here.. *sigh*
he did have some nice abs..

Anonymous said...

*Breaks down and cries at the mention of char kuay teow*

Matt. K. said...

Hey khwaix, which gym do you go too??

Jay said...

-also sobs with Jamie over lack of proper char kuey teow in my life-

You saw endless six-packs from sitting in a Starbucks? What the hell do they wear in Penang these days?!

MrBunnyBan said...

Heh. Seems Barry's got a quite a bit of wit himself.

Er...That picture you put up looks really creepy for some reason.

Anonymous said...

"stop in the name of your waistline"?

Paul, do something about it. he likes u n care about you. why his line sounded so like that song "stop, in the name of love"? hint hint :)

Bang Bang Brasil said...

I liked it very its blog
I hug Dady

GD said...

I've been an active reader at this blog. It's so f***in amazing. Keep up the good work. In the meanwhile, Paul, pls feel free to link my blog under your pictures link. I'm working on something similar also. Everyone is welcomed!

savante said...

Find me a personal trainer with fiery eyes then, Matt :)

Make that sangria, silverlining :)

jase, sounds quite plausible actually especially since penang is full of hospitals.

Barry sems to be the master of the odd oneliners, mark.

Anon, the world just might turn out to be flat :)

wildreeds, we do play that game too... but in the bus.

We'll get you to try the food there, ru!

sue... but decaf would be like admitting I have a caffeine problem! :)

Thanks for dropping by, khwaix.. and it was the island plaza starbucks.. perhaps the proximity of the gym explains the hotties.

Sigh. Camydi.

You'll get some when you come back, darlin James.

I have Xray vision when it comes to hot men, Jay. And why don't you come back for a holiday?

Daniel... looks like Barry's the straight man for my jokes :)

Omigod. You are so right, pakcik. I'm gonna tease him like hell about that.

Thanks, bang bang and anonymator.

Paul

Anonymous said...

People are like a math equation.

Pretty=High Maintenance.

But rules are always made to be broken and good hygiene is never a negative!