Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Aftermath

Weeping and wailing
And whining and bitching
Crying and pining each night of their calls
Won't get them to make up at all

Oh yes, my medical officers have all gone into weeping, wailing and whining mood since the other day. After months of internal squabbling and sniping, a round-table discussion about ending their pitched urban warfare only dredged up some hidden mines from underground. A minor fallout causing unexpected explosions in the department with collateral damage to some of the more innocent victims.

Men
Round One : Fight!

Even with such an understanding, it was foolish to expect a ceasefire of course. Seems Ebullient Eve didn't receive the official memo on a truce since she led off with an entire volley of unwarranted verbal attacks. Midpoint through the meeting, I even wondered if a clearly distraught Nervous Nancy would take a running swandive off the sea cliffs! Our volatile Ebullient Eve gave her no quarter aiming slit-eyed looks her way throughout.

Which ended with me giving a lashing of my own. Seems like it was about time. Treating them as reasonable adults seemed futile so I've decided to think of them as scrubby schoolkids instead.

Hence the cane.

Don't think I've ever felt as ancient till I gave them a lashing during the department meeting. Though it was barely a rap on the knuckles, I felt so very old having to reprimand a subordinate! Pretty sure I stood in those very shoes just a year ago. And now here I am talking about teamwork and time management.

Oh God, I've become one of them!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

seems like they are lacking in EQ.

but reading this made me think, it's been a long time since i had been in such conflict. i guess i have matured then.. :)

MrBunnyBan said...

sometimes girls do it for attention. Drama, spotlight... u know. How old?