Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Beautiful Game

Sometimes, my friends wonder how I could possibly be such a Chatty Cathy that I can compose a post every other day. Don't know how it is myself but certain issues just spontaneously trigger a response in me that sets off my writing.

Just for an example, this morning after dragging myself out of the hospital, feeling all cranky, crusty and generally crabby, I made my way to a quick breakfast with Charming Calvin - just a spot of hash browns and mcmuffins to tide me over before I fall into my usual post-call coma. Being the shy sort, Calvin declined my rashly issued invitation to make out in the family restaurant, therefore hopefully scandalizing the conservatives. What can I say? Oddly enough, not only do I enjoy shocking the hell out of the old fogeys but somehow being post-call inevitably kicks my hormones into overdrive.

Luckily I didn't have to depend on the caffeine to wake me up however as I noted an interesting article in a football clip about an exclusive club that I'd love to be a part of. Since I've never been a particular fan, the recent World Cup Fever hasn't made an impact on me but watching the WAGs at work certainly piqued my interest.

Meet the WAGs, otherwise known as the stick-thin, devilishly skanky Wives and Girlfriends of the hot footballers. Who could possibly blame anyone for joining the match ladies?

FYI, the elite members of the club are all ultra-glam designer-friendly fashionistas who spend their mornings blissfully perfecting their fake tans before going for leisurely lunches followed by a bit of shopping ( make that a heap ). Then after that, it's a quick change of clothing for the obligatory photo shoot at the football games before sitting down to watch twenty athletic men run around chasing a ball through absolutely fabulous shades. As the boys battle it out on the field, the ladies slug it out in the aisles with their lower than low halter tops matched with their ostentatious blings, their towering spike heels and sun-streaked bottle blonde hair. And then after the game, when the obligatory footie man-toy ( a prerequisite to join ) traipses off to the locker rooms, it's off for a quick round of drinking and dancing at the nightclubs till the wee hours of the morning.

Am I condemning them? Hell, no! I wanna join them! Wouldn't you? All play and no work certainly seems to make the life decidedly posh. Sure the downside is having each and every little fashion faux pas be torn apart and criticized by the vicious press queens but hell, everything comes with a price. Seems like it's certainly worth it though coming home at night to a hot footie man the likes of David Beckham and Michael Owen.

Sealed with a kiss
Husbands and Boyfriends

Unfortunately for us gay men, it's gonna be plain wishful thinking for quite a while since there's no way we'll be invited to join the WAGs - not unless someone's prepared to sacrifice their manhood to be literally gelded and metamorphosed into a freaking mangina. Sorry but my dick's far too precious to be played around with.

Hell, maybe there's a secret Husbands and Boyfriends club I can join. Any hot footballer need a boyfriend?

13 comments:

Ganymede said...

You're having Mc Breakfast meals!?

Heheh. I wish I could... Woke up with sorethroate and fever...

famezgay said...

Kekeke yeah i wan to join too.. Shop n club.. Then sex with hottie footballer bf.. UHmnnn wat a perfect day for me kekekee

Defiant: Gosh U had enough of McD meals nowadays already lar..

confusticated said...

gah. artery clogging brekkies. i can't believe you're a doctor. gah.

NeiLDC said...

The footies needs the doctor inside their locker rooms for a massage,and you know after the game they body are aching...and need to touching, lol... MCDO meals are great! any pancakes or Bacon or Eggs..Join the Club Doctor!

Sue said...

NeiLDC has a point, the footies do need doctors. You have a better chance at that than the mangina thing. I could have gone the WAG way. I've got the stick thin covered, all I would have needed was a breast augmentation and a labotomy.

Jay said...

The English football team has so many hotties. David Beckham, Joe Cole, even the goalkeeper is sexy.

-sigh- But the hottest one of all will always be Michael Owen.

Alex said...

Gay footballers? Should exist.... must find them!!!!!

Maximus Leo said...

What??? McDonalds for a breakfast??? Of all the food you easily get in Malaysia and you choose to have the clogging arteries breakfast....sigh!

So you're the envy type heh?

Cheers, Ian

akihisa said...

I'm one of those peeps who couldn't be bothered at all about the World Cup. However, I do know some of the footballers are really shaggable!! Sexy as hell.

I think out of all the footballers' wives, Victoria B is the only one who's stick-thin. The others are pretty hot-looking to me. ;p

Now, excuse me, while I go browse Frederik Ljungberg's sexy Calvin Klein ads. *drool*

Matt. K. said...

akihisa, I'm also one fo them who couldn't be bothered at all with the World Cup. Admittedly, there are some really Greek-god-looking footballers out there!

This year, I have my eyes on Christiano Ronaldo! Check out gaydesires.blogspot.com to see him! He's so hot! Although, I still find Fredrik Ljundberg as hot as EVER in his Calvin Klein ads!

I'd love to join the secret Husbands and Boyfriends club! Paul, go make one lah! LOL.

Anonymous said...

I think my fever for World Cup is literally gone since we were beaten by Australians pretty badly. :-( I go for Argentina. Yay.

What's up with the kissing and fake-gay thing among those soccer players? You can join them and do nice things together. :-)

cliffdweller said...

isn't it odd how the sports world seems terrified of gays and lesbians, just like the military world?...at least in the US, they're

Annie said...

Well color me blind, I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box, but I sense from the last blog entry that you boys actually know each other face-to-face. I think that's very cool.

Like the beef discussion.. Jocks are beef, (except runners, runners are built like chickens).. Pro Jocks are Grade A Beef..but without brains, it's pretty much a waste of good protein. Just hand over the quarterback and I'll be a happy camper. You guys can lick and jump all over the rest of them.

No need to fight, there's plenty to go around.