Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Baiting the Bull

In the beginning, friendships are fragile and need lots of precious time and tender loving care to grow. Or at least that's what my buddy Big Bicep Barry claims.

After getting over the initial awkwardness of being summarily rejected ( well, the man claims it wasn't a rejection but let's take it as it is, alright ), there is always a quiet interminable silence before a gradual resumption of diplomatic ties. Fortunately Big Bicep Barry skipped all that melodrama when he asked me out the other night. Since the friendnaissance, things have changed between us and although I still get the occasional nervous palpitation when I see his big biceps, now I get to tease him about them too.

Which is infinitely more fun. Not as exhilarating as naked, sweaty romps in the bedroom but we'll take what we can get.

Paul : Ooh. Tight white tee really shows off your bronzed arms.
Barry : Stop it.
Paul : Maybe if you tugged the shirt out a little and showed off your abs.
Barry : Not gonna happen. Eat your popcorn.

Let's say you've got to be there. When he complained bitterly about working late and finding it nigh impossible to achieve his sales targets ( apart from hocking his kidney on the black market ), I told him a secret.

Paul : Hot guys actually work awkward hours.
Barry : Huh? Why are you telling me this?

Took a while for me to explain my theory to a visibly confused Barry. Don't ask me why but it's seemingly true. During normal afterhours, I find the guys wandering about just plain average joes with a minimal sprinkling of blazing hotties. Then every once in a rare while when I manage to take off early to hang around at all hours, I find desperately drop-dead gorgeous studs appearing at the oddest hours. That amazingly built hunk drinking chai at Starbucks. The devastatingly handsome stud shopping for groceries at ten in the morning.

Somehow I've come to believe that sexy guys simply don't work ( perhaps paired off with certain aging but mega-wealthy sugar daddies ) since they all seem to have mysterious source of funds - or perhaps they all work graveyard shifts for no apparent reason. Maybe there's a hush-hush top-secret underground lab / dungeon that locks up all the hot Malaysian hunks ( for their safety, you hear ) to be time-released to roam free at certain inaccessible hours.

Barry's disbelieving grunt of reply obviously signalled that he wasn't terribly impressed with my hypothesis.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul.
Have not been quite religious lately, I mean, religiously clickin in here, as work is gettin the better of me. It seems that BBB now knows that u have the hots for him, judging from what you have written in this post? Does he know u r a rainbowlander now?
And, it read like u r in boring KL now i/o the ever-enchanting Melaka? Since when hah?

Annie said...

Desperate drop-dead gorgeous studs? WHERE! WHERE! Damn it! I *knew* I was shopping during the wrong hours of the day. Hey, I may be married, but I'm not dead (yet) I can look and appreciate just like that rest of ya boys...LOL.. Double Damn.. are you sure it was 10am Paul? ..... Yeah, that's right Paul.. make Barry wonder... plenty of meat to ponder over.

Alex said...

Oh.... we should test out that hypothesis.... let's do some experiments!

Anonymous said...

Shopping at 10 am will never work for me. I got to sleep unless there is some 'bug' that bugging me to get up and go shopping with her. Well, never really notice what you said. Maybe next time I will be more observant :P

But first I got to get up early in the morning.

AJ said...

Did some one say experiments?

I'll get the horse size catheters & crocodile clips ready!!

Whoo Hoo!!

confusticated said...

really? hmm. interesting theory. worth the testing out really.

Harvey said...

You make it sounds like those cute hunkalicious guys are gigolos.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the twilight just wasn't masking their non-spectacular faces? You know how shadows can play tricks on you. :-)

NeiLDC said...

Yeah, i think that those drop dead gorgeous maybe they dont work enough, or maybe they have the sugar daddies.. i dont know, maybe my hypotesis is right... how could they maintain the status quo if there isnt any mysterious brotherhood behind... dont you think Paul? Check it out!

famezgay said...

hahaa.. well at least those full time hot models do not work 9-5 right.. So I guess u might be right, hot guys working at weird hour kekeek... but damn shopping at 10 is soo early huh or maybe because i'm not a hotguy ahaha...

Maximus Leo said...

Maybe this is a Malaysian scene! Definitely don't see these gorgeous hunks around those ungodly hours in Tokyo but a lot of people are just out and about! Either they are all working or I'm hanging out at the wrong place! But after taking in your hypothesis, I will make an effort this weekend to take more notice of my surroundings! Cheers

MrBunnyBan said...

*peers at brother*

...

I don't buy it.

Just Me said...

I agree, when I am out running errands during the day there seems to be hot guys running around everywhere. I always wonder what they do for a living that allows them to be off during the day.

Annie said...

Who are they? and what do they do for a living?.. They're DOCTORS! See... Look at Paul. Doctor! .... I solved the mystery! so where's my prize?

Musang said...

hmmmm... the devilishly handsome guy having wantan mee alone in the restaurant in bangsar the other day must be from one of those crowd.

i'm so going to do my shopping round morning now... thanx to you.

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Ooh, Friendnaissance... a FRIENDS quote or just one of your random smartiness? :P

A Bear in the Woods said...

He has no perspective, obviously.
And I,too, am all about hot sweaty romps with men of large biceps.

Jay said...

Glad that you've moved on from the awkward stage. So do we know if he's gy or not?

You're most definitely right about the hot guy/odd hours thing.

Alright, gotta sleep now. As you know, I work evening shifts every night.

savante said...

Thanks for religiously clicking here, spikyboy :) Still prefer ever enchanting melaka though.

Annniiiiieee... go look around. Seriously.

True. Start doing your dissertation now, alex.

Try it, prince of darkness. Once you start work, it's near impossible.

AJ, I totally agree. Find a willing hunk too. Same for the idiot :)

Take it how you will, harvey :)

mark, it's true!

Well, soneone's gonna do a study, I'm sure, neil.

Weird hours attract them obviously, ceusm.

Surely japan has the same thing, ian :)

Well, he's cute in a gruff way, daniel.

Not sure but they obviously earn enough, cr.

Wish they were doctors. Not hot ones about unfortunately, anniee.

musang, tell me if I'm right.

A FRIENDS quote, Holden. So glad you recognized it :)

Same over here, daniel from the desert.

You know you're hot, jay :)

Paul