Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taylorholic

Oh yes, I am a Taylor Swift fan.

Yeah, no need to fall off the chair. Kinda weird, I know. Surprising for a cynical fellow like me. But I guess the music does creep up on you. Nothing like easy listening melodies and intimate lyrics - coupled with constant replay on the airwaves - to make you fall.

Though I love her sappy sentimental lyrics, I confess I still haven't fallen for the whole come-rescue-me-sweet-prince fairytale she still has going on. Love story with the handsome knight riding in with the white horse? Sounds terribly sweet but don't tough country chicks like Taylor blast their honourable heads off with a six-shooter?



I know. Frilly lace and pretty bows, I can get but I've never exactly been the pretty princess twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone to come rescue me. Rather till my own farms, build my own castle and hold princely auditions.

Of course that's far better than her other persona of the scared, doe-eyed wallflower being dumped upon!

Boy : Oh my girlfriend's upset. She's going off on something I said cause she doesn't get my humour like you do!
Taylor : Your pretty girlfriend who's cheer captain in short skirts while I wear t-shirts on the bleachers?
Boy : Yeah.
Taylor : Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you? Been here all along so why can't you see? You belong with me!
Boy : Oh shit. I think I have static over here. Think we're breaking up here. Did you say something?

I'd have thrown the phone at the blind fool of course.

Docs
Seriously, dude. Can't you see she's a babe from ten feet away?

But sweet Taylor never does so. Sitting in her room with teardrops on her guitar, poor lil Taylor wails over her broken heart. Gotta admit though that I find it hard to believe that the burly jocks in school wouldn't go for her. Seriously? Are the country boys collectively blind? Gorgeous leggy blonde like her? Even her worst detractors - bad-mouthing Kanye West included - would agree that Miss Swift's reasonably attractive by any standards. Surely she would have more than her fair share of suitors knocking down her door.

Didn't think that my brother would be amongst her fans. Yes folks, my brother has a Taylor Swift CD in the car. He listens to songs about girls crushing on their boyfriends. My brother.

Now that's just plain weird.

5 comments:

Legolas said...

Her songs are catchy, that's why.

nicky05 said...

no more lady gaga? :P

- a L E x - said...

She is attractive indeed ;)

However i am not a big fan of hers lol. Her songs are not bad but i still prefer a good song with great vocals xD

Jason said...

taylor swift music not bad wert =x

Mr.D said...

i agree with you, i always found it weird a girl as attractive as her have esteem issues.

makes me wonder if all her high school stories are mere marketing ploys for the target market~~~ hmmm