Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Scarlet Letter

All you need is a little spark.

Like a blazing wildfire it spreads from men's envious hearts to the curious ears of those who would listen. Some of us have been tools to ignite the flame. Others have merely helped fan the burning blaze while the unfortunate ones succumb to the unforgiving heat.

Gossip and rumours.

Even saintly Hester Prynne didn't prove to be immune.

chase
What's wrong with a little bit of gossip anyway!

Me, I never minded a little bit of both. Been the hapless subject of a few as well. Since I've been gossiped about well nigh since high school, I have actually gotten over the many epithets, falsehoods and slanders spread about me. Trust me boys and girls, if I have learnt anything at all from these unfortunate episodes, I do know that true friends never listen to such rumours.

And for the rest of the inconsequential fuckers, you shouldn't give a damn anyway.

Obviously not everyone learnt this lesson back in school.

Karl : People are talking about me.
Paul : So?
Karl : Spreading rumours about me.
Paul : So?
Karl : I don't like it.
Paul : Don't think that's gonna make them stop talking.
Karl : Still don't like it.
Paul : Why does it matter what they say? They aren't even your friends.
Karl : But I care!
Paul : What's wrong with a bit of notoriety anyway?

Hardly a help, I know!

3 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Let them talk their talk; we'll just walk our walk... and walk away with dignity and grace. :)

Also, it's CNY Eve! Have a belly-warming and wonderful reunion dinner, my friend!

joshua said...

xinniankuaile yo!

aiya there'll always be haters around. waste energy je peduli them. we know we are fabulous and living happy lives dah cukup kan?

*swishes bimbo hair!

quicksilverlining said...

i somehow read that as "all you need is a little spank."