Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Army of Pails

People like to collect.

Me, I collect tchotchkes from all the places I've been to feather my nest. Carpet from Istanbul, clay statue from Beijing, lace hanky from Brussels etc. Since my house has turned into a veritable junkstore, it's truly the case of one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Which brings up the issue of my housemate Kool Kat's recent hobby. As it turns out my housemate collects pails.

Prodigal
OMG is that another pail?

Yes, pails. At last count, I could have sworn I saw at least ten pails. Seriously have no idea where they all crop up from. When the pails first arrived from out of Kat's moving boxes, I had them neatly arranged in rows behind a folding screen. Should have been about two or three at the most.

Then they doubled. Tripled. Multiplied. Till a few are threatening to spill down the stairs.

Even Felix is starting to wonder exactly what's happening behind the screen.

Paul : That's a lot of pails. What does Kat need them for?
Felix : Let me recite. One for her whites. One for her coloureds. One for her delicates. One for the really dirty clothes. One for her clean clothes after the wash. One for her shoes. One for her mop.
Paul : And one for that little boy who lived down the lane?
Felix : Possibly.
Paul : Tell me, are there more pails today than yesterday?
Felix : No, I don't think so.
Paul : Are you sure? There's one more right outside your door!
Felix : OMG. Where did that come from?
Paul : The pails are coming to get us!

Miraculously the pails are reproducing.

Seemingly exponentially since the pails started creeping out from behind the screen. Reds. Blues. Greens. Doubling and tripling in all colours of the rainbow it seemed. All huddled together behind the painted silk of the screen to plan their wicked stratagem of total world domination.

Beware. The pails are coming.

6 comments:

Chen Xing said...

One day, it will come in handy.

john chen said...

i can relate to your bafflement. hilarious post!

savante said...

But ten pails at last count, chen xing! What does she do with them? Arrange parade marches? :P

I know! I find it hilarious myself, john.

P

J said...

I actually 'Google'd 'phobia fear of pails' after reading this... No obvious hits though...

Mr.D said...

huhu i use one pail to rule 'them' all. :)

Lucifer said...

i find this post very amusing :)