Thursday, December 16, 2010

God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman

At least that's what I'm hoping.

Though at the rate he's going with the year-end work projects, the renovation at Pemberley and lately, his pre-Christmas gym routines, I don't think Charming Calvin is finding much time to rest at all. For the usually indolent fellow, that's an overwhelming snowstorm of activity.


December is turning out to be a busy month for everyone including me since the beginning of the holidays seem to usher in a slew of elective ( nonsensical? ) surgeries from nose jobs to double eyelids. Endlessly exhausting but not as tiring as trying to figure out what everyone on my list would like for Christmas. :)

Still I do manage to micromanage my schedule - cool as cucumber - compared to a more frantic Calvin who has been cramming every second of his day with mindless activity. This unmerry gentleman hasn't been taking any rest lately. Been telling him to take it easy - let nothing you dismay as it may - but Calvin's far too carried away with devilish talk of curtain railings, paint chips and door jambs to listen to such sweet tidings of comfort and joy.

chase
That Santa better get cracking!

The curse of Pemberley I call it.

Calvin : I want everything done perfectly after Christmas!
Paul : Painting? Wallpapering? Lighting? Furniture? Kitchen cabinets?
Calvin : Yes! Immediately!
Paul : With a snap of Santa's magical fingers? Even the enchanted elves would need more time than that.

Poor Santa is on a deadline this year. With Calvin's frenetic rush to get things done, I am starting to wonder if he actually intends to make ready his home for the arrival of blessed Christ our Saviour!

Amen to that.

Miles away in the relative seclusion of Netherfield, I have been trying my best to lend a hand but alas I might as well be that faraway star of wonder, star of light, for all the help I've given. Still I do try, westward leading, still proceeding, trying to guide him to the perfect IKEA lamp light.

Maybe gift-wrap a chandelier for Calvin this Christmas?

3 comments:

Jason said...

Goodness! Seriously after Christmas??!

Amen to that lol!:p

john chen said...

somehow we must communicate our concern to the charming calvin. no one but the stage decorators can truly finish a room in time for 'curtains up' at covent garden. but i'm with you regarding lights - they are crucial. the chesterfields can wait, the tallboys might as well, but the correct lighting must be in place by the time he moves in.

Legolas said...

You are doing alright so far, my love.