Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shooting Chickens

So how many ways are there to kill a chicken?

And mind you, I don't necessarily have to administer the killing blow according to wholly halal methods.


My killing eye's out for the fowl next door. Look, I always knew Netherfield's right out there in the boondocks but I never knew it's smack dab in the countryside. Which means everything that it entails; yards, barns, stables - and that damned chicken coop.

Oh yes, cock-a-doodle-doo. Going back to their peasantry roots, my neighbours have opted to keep a chicken coop in their backyard. But rather than have meek little chicks hiding behind curtains in the henhouse, we have a rebellious rooster who crows loudly at all hours. Irregardless of daybreak. Once the aggravating monster even squawked for no apparent reason during the wee hours of the morning. No doubt he got confused by the glare of the full moon.

chase
It's time to hunt!

So what's the best way to get myself some fresh chicken chop by morning? Death by garroting? Death by gunshot? Death by poison? Idiotic foolhardy rooster leaps to the top of the coop every morning - placing itself as the perfect target since he's in direct range of my bedroom window.

Perhaps a bow and arrow?

Of course having a fowl murder happening within weeks of our moving in wouldn't bode well for future neighbourly relations. My more murderous plans will have to wait. Have a slingshot so perhaps a warning shot would do. I think one rock at its head each time it crows at the wrong time.

8 comments:

Mr.D said...

approach the lady and offer a thousand bucks for the chicken. then cook it. easy.

Legolas said...

The ones opposite my house also did the same thing. Just get use to it.

carpe diem said...

So the istana came with a free daily wake up call thrown in. Not bad. Sure is value for money! :)))

SynchingZincInc said...

Leggie's right, get use to it. Though the monstrosity won't go until you make some effort.

Helix

Vincent~ said...

is it that loud? @_@

john chen said...

the slightly racist bit at the end of the clip made me laugh. ;-)

Booker said...

Slingshot!

If that fails, get a pellet gun :D

Twilight Man said...

Set the coop on fire or spray anaesthetic! It sure works! Hire me for this job!