Monday, February 21, 2005

Tool-time Boyfriend

Influenced by recent programs such as The Block on the new Travel and Living Channel, I've been inspired to set out on several home improvement projects. Since I've moved in to a new place, I have several large, empty rooms that are just crying out for a queer makeover. You see these guys on TV get their hands on a room - and they make makeover miracles in days turning plain, uninspired rooms into stylish, decorating masterpieces. It's almost like magic. All of that inspired me to walk straight to the nearest hardware store.

What can I say? After all my work, I've decided that I'm all thumbs when it comes to DIY projects. Interior decorating, stencilling and painting are all fine by me but when it comes to the heavy duty stuff... I'm a massive klutz. It was like something out a Three Stooges convention. Hammers and nails obviously sense my obvious discomfort around them - and they revolt whenever I come near! Screwdrivers get all bent when I get my hands on them and hand-drills inevitably become weapons of mass destruction in my hands.

In the While You Were Out series, they had Andrew Dan-Jumbo, a gorgeous, built handyman with bulging biceps who conjures up architectural wonders in days. Now where do I find such a big, hunky toolman of a guy?

No comments: